Https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kayaker-goes-facebook-live-struggles-011557692.html

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kayaker-goes-facebook-live-struggles-011557692.html

Why in the world would he go fishing out in such hazardous conditions he already knew weather was going to be bad cause article says that’s why he got a late start on water because of the adverse conditions but yet he still goes out on the water in such conditions.he lost his life to stupidity when trip could have been postponed to another day.another senseless death due to poor decision making capabilities.you cant predict or determine what mother nature will do so if you know it’s bad conditions just stay home postpone trip to another day that way at least you will live another day to tell about it

1 Like

Fishing and kayaking are two independent sports in which untold numbers of participants attempt to earn a Darwin Award everyday. Combine the two sports, and your chances of a Darwin go up exponentially.

PS - I have fished for over 60 years and have also kayaked / kayak fished for 25 of those years. Upon taking my first “kayak lesson” about 9 years ago, after about an hour of that very first ACA lesson, I realized that I was lucky to not be a recipient of a Darwin.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of his boat as he went out. Doesn’t look like a great set-up for ocean paddling. :frowning:

1 Like

Not a proper fishing rig either.

The part that screams low survival factor for me is that when on the ocean in what looks to be a dicks sporting goods type of kayak and facing serious conditions, he is distracted by wanting to be live on facebook. If your mind isn’t on the problem at hand, you will fail.

1 Like