Huh? What? Say again all after" hello".

Every creak, pop, dink, scrape, scratch and every bird within 50’. The birds around my house are singing their hearts out and I love it.
I have been really impressed with Costco’s service and professionalism.

Congrats, Enjoy…
I’m sure your wife will…

I haven’t missed a word since I got home. :#

My impossibly stubborn 80-something uncle in upstate NY FINALLY got hearing aids a couple of months ago. His wife and entire family and friends were begging him to get them but he kept whining that they were “too expensive” or “too uncomfortable” (note that he had never even tried a pair on but he claimed he had “heard” that they were bothersome – I love him but he’s kind of a big baby. And I mean BIG – until he started to slump with age he was 6’ 9" and I think he is still at least 6’ 6" and has a voice like a foghorn.)

We were all weary of having to repeatedly shout at him and phone conversations were nearly impossible, with him shouting as well as not hearing us clearly. We were hoping that when a generous and wealthy neighbor paid him 50% more than the property was worth last year to buy out their house and 50 acres above the Mohawk River (for over $300K) that he would pop for the hearing aids, but still he delayed.

Was not until two months ago when my poor aunt laid on the floor of their bathroom with a broken leg for nearly half an hour because he could not hear her calling at the other end of their apartment, that he finally reneged.

It is such a pleasure to be able to talk to him now, both on the phone and in person. And it is a LOT less stressful for his frail wife, who is fortunately recovering at home after having to be in the hospital and rehab for many weeks. I had stayed with them several times last year, helping them move into and set up the new apartment, and I could see how frustrated and tired it made her trying to communicate with him before he got the hearing aids.

Congrats, I’m glad that you like them.

Like isn’t the word . My wife likes them so I go along.

Do they have them for dogs?

I’m a video director for a living and have tinnitus in one ear from wearing headphones all day. Why one ear don’t know. As long as my world has sound I’m okay but the silence is terribly annoying. Losing some hearing is at least correctable. Be thankful you don’t have a constant high pitch that never stops. I’ve tried all the supplements and therapies but nothing helps. And yes, I don’t take aspirin.
String, if we ever get a chance to paddle together I’ll remember to use hand signals. I learned a lot of them when driving around Greenville.

DD, that ear thing sucks.
The Greenville you drive in now is not the one we’ve lived in for over 30 years. It gets more Atlanta like every day.

I lived in Atlanta for 25 years. They actually drive better there. I’ve never been anywhere in the US that is as bad as the Greenville area. The police don’t stop people. I was sitting at a red light yesterday and and a car went through the solid red light I was stopped at (and thankfully he/she didn’t hit anyone). I see the most incredible law breaking driving every day. And people want cars that fly? I don’t think so.
The good news is Paris and Rome are much worse.

@DrowningDave said:
I lived in Atlanta for 25 years. They actually drive better there. I’ve never been anywhere in the US that is as bad as the Greenville area. The police don’t stop people. I was sitting at a red light yesterday and and a car went through the solid red light I was stopped at (and thankfully he/she didn’t hit anyone). I see the most incredible law breaking driving every day. And people want cars that fly? I don’t think so.

And Seoul. If I’m first in line at a stop light, I always pause and look for the red light runners.

@string said:

@DrowningDave said:

And Seoul. If I’m first in line at a stop light, I always pause and look for the red light runners.

And Mexico

I was thankful for Greenville drivers after driving in European cities. I can’t imaging driving in places where there are no laws to break.

Have you driven in India? Organized chaos that does seem to work.

No. I recently reached a video from a missionary family that had all five of them ride on one moped riding on crazy streets. I think I’d rather walk. :smile:

How about a first week update…

:o I have worn them twice while watching TV. Been spending time planting, traveling, and paddling.
And left them home.

Could you please type with bold print? I left my glasses at home.

I don’t take mine in those places either.