Huh? What? Say again all after" hello".

My wife, who obviously doesn’t speak loudly enough, finally talked me into getting hearing aids.
I wasn’t convinced I needed them, but the audiologist convinced me that I do.
One off putting factor was the cost. My neighbor just paid $3K for his and he said that was a mid range price.
Then a Doc referred me to Costco. $1600.
I’ll have them in 5 days. I got to try them out in the store and I could hear every word my wife spoke. :#
Not sure that’s a good thing.
I am in no way associated with Costco except for saving $$$$.
They are not waterproof.

My lovely wife is on her second pair from Costco. First pair ran 7 years and Costco continued to service them in spite of 5 year warranty. Having hearing aides has been a real life changer for her now being able to hear crickets, birds and gentle rain all formerly lost. Costco Hearing has always been exemplary in price, sales and service. And the Kirkland batteries seem to outlast any other brand.

Yeah man! Happy New Ears!

When I get my back replaced, I’ll be 100%

@string said:
When I get my back replaced, I’ll be 100%

You will be able to hear all the creaks and pops your body makes.
When I take my "ears’ off it sounds like someone put a big pillow over the TV…

Now if someone can do something about all those noisy birds.

My wife suggested I get hearing aids, but I wouldn’t hear of it.

HUH? WHAT??? Oh wait, this is a silent forum…

Birds! The past few years I’ve been teaching myself how to identify birds by their songs and calls. For some reason I have pretty good hearing despite working in a noisy factory most of my life. I do wish they’d invent a device to make the high-pitched whine go away. (I’ve had the tinnitis for the last 13 years or so.)

I put a sign on my shower door “EARS” , It helps to keep them dry.
One of mine was getting intermittent so I sprayed them with “Corrosion X”, It killed them for a few days but came back better than ever. The tech had me come in for a good cleaning, evidently no one had done that before.

String, over the ear or in the ear?

Mine are bluetooth and talk to each other when you adjust them (strange), also you can hook them up directly to your phone or TV, The adaptor is an optional item.

Damn noisy birds…

Over and in, I guess. Mine are the same as yours. They offered options like tuning to the TV, but I passed. I did get a dryer to put them in every night.

I usually leave one in at night as I fall asleep listening to conspiracy radio… :o
Enjoy…

@grayhawk said:
I put a sign on my shower door “EARS” , It helps to keep them dry.
One of mine was getting intermittent so I sprayed them with “Corrosion X”, It killed them for a few days but came back better than ever. The tech had me come in for a good cleaning, evidently no one had done that before.

String, over the ear or in the ear?

Mine are bluetooth and talk to each other when you adjust them (strange), also you can hook them up directly to your phone or TV, The adaptor is an optional item.

Damn noisy birds…

I like noisy birds but we have mostly Redbirds and mocking birds.

Put the sign EARS on your boats too…
Hearing aids are not recoverable from 85 feet.
We know…

And another thing; Don’t wast your money on water proof ones and then have a mangrove branch knock one out into a strong tidal current. the water proof doesn’t work when the unit is long gone
I know…

I plan not to wear them while Paddling.

“say again all after” … Reading that brings a lot of old memories. I expect the barage to start soon.

I know an old EOD man that left his hearing aids at home on a canoe trip. His paddle partner had to SHOUT everything. They quit early in the trip .

I picked up a few expressions in the Army. Some I can use in public.

STRING, WHEN DO YOU GET THEM?

@grayhawk said:

STRING, WHEN DO YOU GET THEM?

Sunday afternoon. Costco never rests.

Wonderful! Although be prepared to hear lots of “new” noises from your vehicles and household appliances. And do not hesitate to have them tweak the respective channel’s frequency bands to best suit your current hearing.