Hullavator modifications

I have a Thule Hullavator installed on Ford Expedition.

I love this device however, i am a little disapointed that it is not more padded to protect my kayak. There is a lot of hard plastic and steel that makes me a little scared to strap my fiberglass kayak down tightly.

I was wondering if anyone has added padding/carpet to their Hullavator?

And then some
Replaced the plastic mounting plates with aluminum plates, included a stainless lock washer, added tube pads, added padding, etc. After all this I then sold it used and went with a Kari-Tek 1300 with 3 Thule Hull-a-Port Pros.

Give a call if you want me to walk you through the modifications. I think I have left over aluminum plates in my tool box.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

Yep … had too
Hard chine / low volume boats do not stay put very well… had to strap on some foam pads… still not completely happy, but I really like that I don’t have to lift the boats up…

Marshall, Are you selling the Kari Tek racks at River Connection… I do not see it on your website… or can you tell me where you got yours from… none here in the midwest that I have found.Thanks

Yep
I carry them. The new website iteration will have info on them. Just drop me a line with details of what you want to do.

I also made up adaptors for the Thule products from some stock Thule components ss bolts.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

Thank you
Thank You Marshall,

As usual you come through with some great suggestions.

I recommend that anyone in the area stop by The River Connection in Hyde Park, NY (or check out your webpage).