Humbled

I’ve spent quite a few hours and miles on the local lakes including some significant chop on my paddleboard. I’ve worked on and developed the ability to walk on my board, pivot turn, and generally feel pretty comfortable, so I was ready to brave the ocean and surf.

What a humbling experience! It took me about 45 minutes just to get comfortable paddling straight forward in the swell and chop outside the surf zone. I spent quite a bit of time getting wet, and climbing back on the board. What a workout!

After finally getting where I was spending more time on the board than off it, I braved the surf. More swimming, and not a single ride. Came real close a few times, but a wobble or a misstep or mis-timing quickly sent me for another swim. After an hour of attempts, I was beat, and had to retreat for some food, water and rest.

Anyway, it was a great time, and I’m ready to try again, and can’t wait to get back at it.

Ha ha
yep, that sounds about right. Awesome ain’t it? It’ll come quick.

Humbled
Persistence certainly helps, keep at it. try kicking your legs as if you’re swimming while climbing back on the board. this will bring your body to the surface so you can slide across on the board rather than pull yourself up on to it - thus saving some energy.