Humminbird Piranamax 210

I was in Gander Mtn the other day and came across this unit.

Anyone have one and how is it?

Thanks

Don’t have one, don’t like Humminbird
finders much, but that’s another story. From looking at the specs on the finder, it will do the job. Its basically one of the low end Humminbirds. It’ll give you depth, with tuning may show some fish sign, and will show structure. Mostly, its depth and structure that you want and the unit should be capable enough for that.

My own preference runs to Eagle and Lowrance, but maybe its because I got a bad unit from Humminbird once. Doesn’t mean all of them are bad and I’m fussy, if it doesn’t work right out of the box, back it goes and I get something else.

I’ve been using a Humminbird…
Matrix 17 in the open ocean for a couple of years and its worked great for me. I know its a different model, but as far as I’m concerned; build quality is good. I’m not overly concerned/cautious with my equipment.

Eagle Cuda 242
I am also looking at the portable version of this one.

Eagle makes very good finders.
The 242 gives a few more pixels, therefore a bit better image. Most use deer feeder batteries to power their finders, they are rechargeable.

Look around at the color finders, if you can afford one. From all I’ve read on texaskayakfisherman.com and kayakfishingstuff.com, color screens are much easier to read in bright sunlight. The do use more power.