Hydra Sea Venture Kayak - Any advice?

I have an opportunity to purchase a Hydra Sea Venture Kayak, 16’. I can’t find out much information or advice on it. For $400 I’m looking to venture into a kayak that I came do some weekend camping trips. I seems to be from the late 1980’s to early 1990’s. It does have front a rear bulkheads but it is a 3 hours drive from me so I haven’t seen but pictures of it in the CL ad.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/6007240977.html

My questions are: Is it stable w/o gear (I’m 6’, 210 lbs). How much gear could I hold? Looking at doing a Port Huron to Monroe, MI run over a long weekend, about 90 miles, down-river and lakes.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated…

If the pictures and description are true representations, it sure should be worth the price. Just from the pictures, I would guess that it will be a little snug on you. My suggestion is that if you do go look at it and you can get in and out of it without a shoehorn, buy it. However, take a real good look at it and make sure it isn’t warped, or bent. I assume it is polyethylene and if it has been stored indoors, it should still be okay. Look for cracks, etc. that might indicate degradation of the plastic. Be particularly sure the keel line is straight when viewed upside down sighting from stem to stern and vice versa.

Thanks for the advice… going to see it this weekend - and hopefully bring it home. :slight_smile:

I know this is many years old but,
Did you buy it? If so what do you think of it? I have an opportunity to pick one up cheap but it’s on the other side of the country so I can’t look at it in person. I can get someone to pick it up for me but not someone I trust to look it over in detail.