hydration packs

Astral
All of the Astral pfds that have the cross over adjustable shoulders have an interior area that holds a 1/2 Bladder or a Full Bladder (their names not mine) Works well, especially nice as the interior pocket has floatation foam on either side keeping your beverage at the desired temperature. Make sure you put a neoprene sleeve on you drink tube in the winter.

Models w/ hydrability;

Tempo 200

Tempo 300

Aquavest

Wondervest

Wonderjacket

Wondertour

See you on the water,

Marshall

www.the-river-connection.com

PFD Hydration Pack
Extrasport makes a 1.5 ltr. hydration pack that is specifically designed for their brand but with extra attachment straps that allow it to fit most PFD’s on the market. I’ve use it on my wifes PFD, a different manufacture, with no problems. The best part is that the price is about half that of the Kokatat.

John

Contamination?
Ok, maybe I take too many risks and I admit I haven’t done wet exits with the Lotus hydration pack I have. But I figure I usually wind up inhaling and or swallowing so much water anyway in an unexpected wet exit that whatever minimal amount of “contamination” I got on the bite valve isn’t going to make a different. Heck, in my “early” days, I have had an open can of Coke in the built in “cupholder” on the bottom of the boat and got lake water dumped on it (long story involving inconsiderate jet skier) and drank that anyway.

hydration
Got the LDB PFD from Astral. The hydration pack is supposed to go in between the mesh back. Do not know yet though. I got the PFD from NRS & had to order the bladder from Astral. Hope it works.

Phil

hydration on a shoe string

– Last Updated: Sep-25-06 11:57 AM EST –

bigred (littlered's bother) winds up inhaling and or swallowing so much water in a wet exit that he doesn't even need a hydration pack