I bought a Sea-Monster ??

@willowleaf said:
Hey, watch what you say about us project managers! Seriously, I learned early on that the only things you need to know to be a PM are: wear a white hard hat, carry a clipboard, walk too fast for anybody to ask any questions and always look worried…

Many moons ago I was told that if I just wandered around to always have a clipboard with me. :smiley:

@Sparky961 said:
It’s the clipboard in the second picture that has me worried the most. Project manager?

Punch list with all the things to be corrected before its accepted - In my previous life

@monicafred don’t run away… We want to see pix of the mods and we want pix of you on the water! The rest are the ramblings of old men

@kayamedic said:
@monicafred don’t run away… We want to see pix of the mods and we want pix of you on the water! The rest are the ramblings of old men
Old! Who you calling old?

Actually I learned that you only need a few accessories to walk into almost any location. The hardhat and clipboard ( and a confident attitude of entitlement) will get you in most buildings – for hospitals it is a white lab coat with a name badge of some kind and a few manila file folders. It helps to be a benign looking middle aged white chick. I once walked into a nuclear power plant unchallenged. The idiot in the guard shack at the gate had wandered off. Fortunately for him I was supposed to be there for a pre-bid inspection and had NEC clearance to be there,.

My wife and I did that on a ship at Norfolk. There were ships that were open to tours so we picked one and started wandering. Noone said anything until we got to the bridge, where we were politely told that we weren’t welcome there.

@string said:
And get to be good friends with the project accountant.

Heaven forbid! The accountant is the guy (or gal) that you walk past the fastest… That was actually my job on many big projects: “cost analyst”. I was the one who told them how much everything was SUPPOSED to cost at the outset and who then reported how much over that they were actually hemorrhaging as the job progressed. My warnings were almost always unheeded until the “patient” had bled out…

My neighbor, and friend, is a project bean counter. He has some stories.

Yup, me too. I was primarily an estimator for 20 years of my career. And a very good one since I came up “through the tools” as an electrician and field super so I had a better handle on REAL costs than most of the other bean counters. Though the number of idiots that I worked for who would not listen to me when I gave them accurate projections (that turned out to be correct) was legion. I eventually made a large sign that I hung on the wall over the print table in my office to remind them: “I told you so”.

Hey Kayamedic…Strange rambelings these are for sure…You Guys need better things to do… Found a “Sweet Person” that has taken it upon himself to repair the Crack on the Side…Also found a Paddle-boat Sunshade for $2.00 Bucks in a Thrift Store… He figures he can modify it… Needless to say, I dont take this Project to serious…When its done , it’ll be a "Kayak Rat-Rod! "Ha! Ha!.. Believe it or not, I already ehave a lin-up of Folks that cant wait to give it whirl… Ill up-load a few Pics once she floats

Well I paddle everyday… some 11 miles on a lake… And am retired. Retired people ramble… Usta be while sitting in a rocker now its sitting at a keyboard.

Well, I’m a retired senior project manager. I had an old scarred up hard hat and project managers to carry the clip boards.

KM, I’m jealous about the 11 miles. To do that I’d have to drive a minimum of an hour, one way.

@string said:
KM, I’m jealous about the 11 miles. To do that I’d have to drive a minimum of an hour, one way.

So, are you jealous about the eleven mile paddle, or the drive ?

We have two choices for our lake paddles: The first is forty five minutes to Watauga Lake in TN.
The fetch is a real long one there. If the wind is only 5MPH, there are white caps, so we opt for the hour and half drive to Lake James in NC where 5 MPH usually means almost calm, and there are nice sandy beaches here and there for a dip if it is hot out and we have the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Linville Gorge wilderness as our back drop