I guess I can't complain...

@TomL said:
Well Rookie it’s supposed to be 84 tomorrow and 83 Tuesday in this part of Michigan in case you want to ditch school and take a little drive. Same to Yooper.

Oh how I wish! Forecast up here is for 70F (which I don’t believe) and an inch of rain. Stinking monsoon season’s gone on too long. On the other hand, it’s still liquid so that’s a plus.

@Overstreet said:
Well I can complain…but it won’t do any good Michael is coming for a visit.
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?cone#contents

I just warned my friends from Palm Springs who are going to Pensacola for a visit…

Good luck to ya…

@Rookie said:

@TomL said:
Well Rookie it’s supposed to be 84 tomorrow and 83 Tuesday in this part of Michigan in case you want to ditch school and take a little drive. Same to Yooper.

Oh how I wish! Forecast up here is for 70F (which I don’t believe) and an inch of rain. Stinking monsoon season’s gone on too long. On the other hand, it’s still liquid so that’s a plus.

70 would be a heatwave— we are supposed to be 58 with rain virtually everyday until the 16th, which was as far as the forecast went. UGH.

Have a friend for a visit-- he was foolish enough to volunteer for this round of house demo. Anyway, went on a color run today towards Brimley and the colors are beautiful, even in the grayish overcast. No doubt that should or if the sun were to shine again the colors would be a near masterpiece.

Colors just starting down here. Took this pic today on a small local lake.

Pretty landscape and water. Leaves just about at full color here and are gorgeous. Rain did stop and sort of cleared up this afternoon. I could have paddled at home for an hour or so but decided to clean up the layer of leaves that have already landed before more rain moves in tonight.

Rookie, we will be up in your area (Alba - Elmira) this weekend - not to paddle though. Hang out with siblings & cousins on Ruth’s side. Eat, drink, tell lies, & sit around the camp fire. Glad to know that the color is on. Hopefully the rain stays away. I’d rather 20 & snowing than 40 & raining.

Our trees are turning brown and leaves are pouring down. And we’re due to take a rainy hit from Michael.

@rival51

Sounds like a great plan. I bet Deadman’s Hill will be beautiful this weekend - but do bring warm gear as frost could be on the pumpkins Friday night.

So far Saturday looking good - sunny and a high of 46F. Fingers crossed there’s no gale warnings.

@string, here’s some color for you, photo taken down the road on my lunch hour. Sunshine lasted until 5:30 p.m., then rain moved in. Our 16th day in a row with rain.

@Rookie said:
@rival51

Sounds like a great plan. I bet Deadman’s Hill will be beautiful this weekend - but do bring warm gear as frost could be on the pumpkins Friday night.

So far Saturday looking good - sunny and a high of 46F. Fingers crossed there’s no gale warnings.

@string, here’s some color for you, photo taken down the road on my lunch hour. Sunshine lasted until 5:30 p.m., then rain moved in. Our 16th day in a row with rain.

Thank you. The maples up the street
are beginning to turn do we may see some color.

@Rookie said:
@rival51

Yeah, we will be fine. Bringing the winter bags up. There is a big pole barn to hide in if it’s damp or windy otherwise there’s the fire. Not sure where we will hike to. The property is just off the trail & about 3 miles from Deadman’s Hill. Rumor has it that we may hit a winery & BeeWell meadery on Saturday.

@kayamedic said:

BEAUTIFUL picture, Kim! Our “Colors” are still very muted. Seems like fall comes later and later each year?

No… The colors almost always peak on Oct 8… Now the good thing is we get to follow colors down to your way!

@kayamedic said:
No… The colors almost always peak on Oct 8… Now the good thing is we get to follow colors down to your way!

No, I meant HERE the colors are dull and muted. BEAUTIFUL in your neck of the woods.

Some years are better than others. This was taken in 2012.