I guess kayaking can be dangerous

http://www.newser.com/story/259579/rattlesnake-falls-out-of-tree-bites-kayaker.html

Darn. I hate it when that happens.

Some reports that the snake didn’t “drop” from tree (which may make sense, as rattlesnakes don’t often climb trees), but that the person tried to catch it (and then held it for 10 minutes after being bit).

I get the feeling booze was involved.

@Peter-CA said:
Some reports that the snake didn’t “drop” from tree (which may make sense, as rattlesnakes don’t often climb trees), but that the person tried to catch it (and then held it for 10 minutes after being bit).

I get the feeling booze was involved.

Think you’re right about the booze.

From an updated story: “Family initially said that the snake fell from a tree and onto Adams, but his brothers said Tuesday that he yanked the snake out of the river because he thought it was an alligator.”

My brother helped rescue a couple of drunk canoeists on the Edisto. They had run into a wasp’s nest and capsized.
They we’re severely stung on the heads and shoulders.

Fox had the same thing. I wondered if there was more to the story.

When I was younger in the Sparklyberry swamp they always did their best to get away from us.

“he yanked the snake out of the river because he thought it was an alligator…” There is some logic break down there.

“There’s some logic breakdown there.”

Not if you factor in the alcohol.

Dangerous? yes. We often forget that. It does have risk
I bet that drowning and injuries are more of a risk than animal attacks.

“My mother always said, stupid is as stupid does”.
Forrest Gump

Being stupid appears to be the source of the problem in this occurence.
Obviously the victim can’t identify the difference between an alligator and a snake.
And why would they attempt to grab and hold onto either species?
Because they’re stupid, or stupid & drunk.
He got what he deserved in my opinion.

BOB

There was a photo of the guy in the paper. He is in the running for giant brain of the year.

Every picture tells a story; don’t it?

Worth a 1000 words. Think he thinks he is as tough as he thought he was. Wish him well and may wisdom blossom in him.

@thebob.com said:
“My mother always said, stupid is as stupid does”.
Forrest Gump

Being stupid appears to be the source of the problem in this occurence.
Obviously the victim can’t identify the difference between an alligator and a snake.
And why would they attempt to grab and hold onto either species?
Because they’re stupid, or stupid & drunk.
He got what he deserved in my opinion.

BOB

Maybe he was trying for a Darwin Award.

If he does something like that again he should get a lifetime Darwin Award. A third time someone should put him to sleep.

@thebob.com said:

Every picture tells a story; don’t it?

Yup! Tells me I’d rather keep company with the SNAKE (LOL)!

he should put on his pfd if he’s yank on snakes or alligators, safety first!

@DrowningDave said:
If he does something like that again he should get a lifetime Darwin Award. A third time someone should put him to sleep.

You have to DIE doing something really stupid to get nominated for the Darwin.

Apparently I didn’t know that. Maybe there’s another award for people like him. How about an Oscar? That’s a group that isn’t known for being wise.

https://skyaboveus.com/water-sports/how-to-kill-yourself-in-a-kayak