I hate it when that happens

I take it you haven’t been
to Pasco County, FL., have you?

Common courtesy
Apparently isn’t that common.

On multiple occasions, I’ve held the door for a “lady” only to be snapped at with some rude reply such as, “I can get it my &#@^! self!”

I used to work in an old building that had a particularly squirelly revolving door. While heading out to lunch one day, a slow moving elderly woman attempted to enter the revolving door. She wasn’t moving fast enough and the door was about to crush her leg, so I jammed my foot into the gap underneath(which didn’t feel particularly pleasant). The door stopped abruptly, which caused her to bump it. My thanks? I hearty “F… You!”

And women wonder why chivarlry is dead? Perhaps they killed it.

Phreon

I would have made a citizens arrest
I would have made a citizens arrest for her wreckless use of a car. That car could have caused an accident or even killed a child that got in the way.

I would have told her to wait while I called the police. And, asked for her drivers license for proper identification.

Well, maybe not. But it sounds great.

Pasco County
Sounds like a place I’ll try to avoid…

I’ve Been To Pasco County
Think I got wasted in some litle ABC on Highway 19 one time…

postive experience to share
On July 5th I entered I94 East of Kalamazoo. Shortly thereafter I realized the strap on my kayak was not adjusted properly for the trip back to mid Ohio. So I got off the highway at the Climax Exit and pulled in to what looked like a parking area.

Unknowingly in the act of pulling in I’d driven over some hidden metal sticking up through the rocks which punctured one of my eight week old tires.

A family in another car helped me, called Triple A, waited with me, and were very gracious. They didn’t want anything but their daughter gratefully accepted some spending money for the trip to the zoo which got delayed by my flat.

I bought a used tire in Adrian for a fair price. Realized my luck could have been much worse and next time I will look before I pull off the road and not take chances. In 2001 I’d had a similar experience in New Mexico in a friends car, we had pulled off the road so one of them could smoke, and next thing we knew we had a serious flat.

While waiting for triple A MDOT came along and we showed them the metal sticking up. They spray painted the pieces with pink paint. MI sent me a claim form but it must be notarized before I mail it back. With my schedule I might just as well buy another new tire or drive on the good used one.

However the fact remains, there are some good people in the world.