I made a mistake today

We have an elderly dog and my wife has said that she does not want another. I give her 48 hours…the pitter patter of little feet is just a part of our lives now…

1 Like

Lots of sniffing and licking… :slight_smile:

How perfectly splendid!

We have been delayed for a week until the baby gets here. Probably a good thing because her adult mommy is still recovering from knee replacement surgery. She has been making great progress and is looking forward to the puppy. Honey and I are a bit skeptical.

1 Like

Baby is on the left. Still looks like a varmint.

2 Likes

Bella is here and being spoiled at 9 weeks old. She weighs 8 lb and eats like a dog food advertisement.

2 Likes

She has sharp teeth and likes trying them on different objects.

1 Like

It’ll be fine - her shark teeth will be gone in 6 months or so. :japanese_ogre:

The way I raise my dogs is that I don’t allow that and fold their lips back on their own teeth if they bite.
I know it sounds mean but every breastfeeding mom will understand that it’s life training 101.
We keep a clear line between our furniture, our food, our skin because when you are always traveling and moving they have to be well trained or your life will be miserable.

But congratulations :tada: :blush:

Puppy Love! Can be painful…

1 Like

Yeah, tried that. As well as many other things. Does not work with every dog, apparently. It just winds ours up more.

1 Like

Bella is enjoying her step sister . Her entire head fits in Honey’s mouth.

4 Likes

She can climb.

5 Likes

A dog behaviorist friend of mine suggests mimicking how Bella’s litter mates would react. Turn into a drama queen, using high pitched ‘yelps’ the way a puppy might. If you’ve ever accidentally stepped on a dog’s paw, you know the sound. Then withdraw your hand/arm and put on a very sad face. Never underestimate a dog’s ability to read your facial expressions!

1 Like

She has carved 2 bleeders into my hands. My response was a loud OUCH and she has been more cautious with her teeth.

2 Likes

Bella has calmed a bit. Still an aggressive little rocket who seems to be half cat. Got her first trim today so we can see her eyes.

3 Likes

Dog half cat!!!?
Why that felonious canine-nive!
It’ll be prrr-fectin’ its ersatz,
at least for four point five jive lives.

1 Like