I need some pogies!

Material is waterproof
Being pogies, there is no way they are watertight without having latex gaskets, something that I would not want on pogies.

They’re still warm because they keep out wind and spray. A few drops getting inside are not a big deal.

yum…poga-licious
check out the latest issue of canoe and kayak!

i would disagree with those people
Neoprene pogies are MUCH warmer than fabric pogies. If it’s cold enough to use pogies I want warmth overall other things. I don’t know what temperature I would want fabric pogies as I go without gloves/pogies as long as I can tolerate. The latest issue of Canoe and Kayak does some reviews of pogies which might be of interest to many of you. Weight shouldn’t be a factor per say. Would you rather wear nylon gloves or neoprene gloves in cold water? Thickness/weight usually equates to insulation. As for comfort, many neoprene pogies (including the Mountain Surf Oven Mitts) are lined with fleece so the comfort level is outstanding.

summary please
Could you summarize the article for me until I am able to get to a Barnes and Noble?

bought it
I drove to Barnes and Noble and picked up this issue of Canoe and Kayak Magazine. Decent overview of pogies but basically exactly what each pogie manufacturer lists on their website as an advertisement. So really doesn’t say what the best is.

Has anyone tried on Rapidstyle Metalite Neomitts or have any idea how they would perform? I’m going to have to order blindy online since no local shops carry a selection of pogies, so please help!