I'll take SOLSTICE GT HV for 100!

Amen. It’s really big guess I can stop my dieting now and gain till I hit 300 # it’s cavernous.

Enjoying to see it back together bit at a time and something cheap to try my skills. Hull is all reinforced on interior now just need to patch it on the exterior bottom of hull in two places ! Also side of hull need patched. 1633357954015964514160781787653|666x500

Bottom is easy to sand. I’ll drop it in a stand to work on it.

35" long cockpit and 15" high I could probably bend over and look under the deck while seated. :laughing:

I think it was crushed by straps.

2 Likes

I’ve seen strap ends come loose and get wrapped around tires. Bad scenario and thr outcome is not good

I think when tying down. I’ve see tire wrap jobs it would have been worse more than likey. Folded my friends bow down to totally destroy it. He saw it loose then turned right and ran over the strap. :scream:

1 Like

IMG_20211005_173419791_HDR

Mostly sanded PITA bits to sand now. Few more areas to patch on the inside. Then I’ll be patching the exterior of the hull and get ready for priming and painting. Hopefully primed before winter.

1 Like

Wow, you did a lot of sanding. Looks great!

1 Like

Probably 6 hours so far of sanding. More to go. More reinforcements in side and patching outside.

1 Like

Nice find. Looking forward to the finished product. I’m always looking for another Solstice GTS but I’m not sure I’m up to that amount of work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just part of the hobby. See how good I can make it look. Did one before an Extreme.

Hopefully epoxy primer soon. Used some mat where it had impacts to stiffen it back up.

2 Likes

Getting closer to final shape.

Then need to shape seam straight a tad.

2 Likes

At least bottom is one color now Interlux Primekote. Tomorrow the deck. Then sand add another coat of Primekote, sand then paint. No color picked yet. White hull Matterhorn White. Deck no clue yet maybe red as it was originally and I don’t have a red kayak yet.

2 Likes

Will you be putting graphics back on? I’ve considered painting my Solstice GTHV but I really don’t want to loose the original graphics.

Yes I’ll get them from CD. I’d try wet sanding yours first. This was banged and cracked a lot. You’d be stunned how well gelcoat can come back. Dump those sliders.

Google Photos

Was beat in so bad I had to cut it below he seam to get it back in position. Then reshape it, reinforce it, get back original 3/4" flat below the seam before it starts to radius on the hull. Grind out all the bondo guy put on the hull.

Google Photos

That boat took one heck of a beating, ouch.

I’m sure a good rubbing compound an orbital polisher would help.

I’ll dump the sliders once CD starts mailing to Canada again.

Hmm, I don’t suppose they have the original style graphics? Only one way to find out.

They may have original style. Ask for Susan in parts.

Take a close picture of your hull. Wet sanding is easy it’s so fine hard to damage anything get a sheet of 2000 or 1500. Spray bottle with water and three drops of Dawn soap. Spray as you rub. If it’s really bad best to de-rig the deck lines even if just buffing it. Then drop new deck lines on it if they are original if needed.

1 Like

Google Photos

Glass work today. Got my head and one arm in the back hatch. Felt like I was almost stuck for a moment. Figured if I got it I could get out, I hoped. Front hatch was feel, look, feel, and look again. Cockpit was easy tons of room. All work on the deck. Finale coat of primer on deck next.

2 Likes

You’re making good and quick progress, quite impressive. :+1:

1 Like

One layer of mat stiffens the whole deck and thin bow and stern deck areas. You could see where hull was hit and stresses were present. Deck with compass cut out was bit flexible. First picture was stern seen of the deck starting at toggle lift point.

1 Like