Impex Montauk replacement?

My Montauk is by far my favorite boat, but I’m looking for a newer replacement. They’re really hard to find and I’m not interested in buying a new one from Abitibi (not yet, at least). So, my question is: what boats from other manufacturers out there are very close to the Montauk? From what I can tell, the Valley Sirona is really close to the same boat. Any others I should be checking out? Thanks.

What features or performance parameters do you want in this this “newer” Montauk?

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Not really sure how to answer. I love how it fits me. I’m “oddly shaped,” so it’s rare for me to find a boat with the right deck height and beam, yet still be tight enough for control. I like the shape of the hull and the just-enough rocker. It rolls well for me.

I love the one I have, I just wish it had more modern outfitting and hatches. Everything has been frankensteined in this boat.

Have you looked at the Current Designs Sisu, or Prana? Do yourself a favor and give them a try.

Modern hatches? Is your Montauk of the vintage of hard hatch covers with just a compression seal? As to outfitting, you could drop a P&H Connect 30 seat into that kayak if you wanted. I haven’t met a kayak I can’t customize. Add a SeaDog Sail while your at it for yet more mayhem (fun).

As Magooch was recommending, time to go find demo models to try out to see what features you really like.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection