In need of a kayak designer/engineer

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Tons of people can make a plug and layup hull mold from it.

I’m curious what the point of an electric-powered kayak is in your mind. Is it a backup in case you tire, is it so you can just sit there and not paddle, or is it to enhance speed? Or something else I’m missing? Also, how can you control the boat if the motor functions independently from your body?

1 Like

Sounds like a motorized vessel to me.

Thank you, appreciate it.

Can you explain it more? Thanks.

Nope, I’m a paddler who’s curious, and interested in electric vehicles and how it would work on my kayak. This is a paddlers’ board so you’re gonna get questions from paddlers!

1 Like

OK, good luck with your search.

Perhaps you should look for a naval engineer.
https://www.navalengineers.org/

OK, that helps. It’s like a jet ski that sits low in the water which you control and steer with your paddle.

1 Like

1 Like

What’s your patent number and what are you looking to pay? How much have you looked into batteries+water? You’ll get better bites if you can better define your scope.

I think you mean “impossible to capsize.” Rolling is a self-rescue technique.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll pass, good luck

1 Like

Along the lines of Birch’s comments, I suggest that you clarify whether you are looking for experts to donate their time to you or if there are incentives to getting involved. Also, I doubt that you’ll find all the required skills in one person but if you already know whether the boat will be plastic or composite that will help you focus your search on people with relevant manufacturing skills.

1 Like