I did about 10 timed repeats of a roughly half mile time trial in my QCC700 with the following three variations:
- Wing paddle using high wing stroke with good form.
- Wing paddle using same low stroke I use with my low angle Werner Kalliste.
- Kalliste in my usual low stroke.
Results were inconclusive due to larger variations in breeze and current than I wanted, but I have reached the following inconclusive conclusions:
- Big difference between the correct wing stroke and the low one. The good stroke is MUCH easier to maintain at a fast pace over the half mile and I go a bit faster.
- No advantage to the wing over the Kalliste when the wing is used in the same stroke.
- Significant advantage of the wing over the Kalliste when used with a wing stroke.