inflatable roof racks?

Hi everyone. I could use some advice. Has anyone ever seen an inflatable roof rack? i was looking for a way to carry 2 w/w kayaks inexpensively. i found this website www.windance.com which have inflatable and “soft” roof racks for sale. The inflatable one im interested in. it claims to support up to approx. 170 lbs and costs only $60! plus you can deflate it and toss it in your glove box when your home. (i know this sounds hokey but it kinda makes sense and comes with a year warrenty)if anyone has any expirence with these please let me know. thank you!!!

emilli

Save your breath and $$$$
Might just go pick up a couple-three swim noodles at your local walmart or sporting goods store

Brian

I use a smartrack
www.smartrack.com about $70. I use one on my pickup cab, it’s a little narrow for two boats but it’s well made and works fine.

Good Luck

Randy

My apologies
I just checked the windance site the handirack they show is the one I have I THINK the company and website is smartrack after their fabric luggage carrier. Anyway the rack is very well made and I’ve used one probably 20 times a year for 3 years with no leaks and it’s just now starting to show some wear on the fabric. Both racks and included pump fit into their own bag about 12 x 8 x 3, no many glove boxes that big anymore but still easy to carry.

Randy

smartrack?
hi randy, i wasnt able to get on their website at all. dun know whay? but do you think that one on the website looks the same? also, is it pretty firm? like do you ever have a problem with your kayak hitting the roof of your truck? thanks for the help,

emilli

you would be better off with soft surf
racks from a surf shop, mail order ron jons; adjustable and strong, capable of holding all shapes.