What’s a good pump to inflate floatation bags? Depending on power source there are 5 styles:
- 120V AC: useless for paddlers
- 12V DC: reliable power source from your car, but can be inconvenient since your boat needs to be next to the car during inflation.
- C or D batteries: good when they’re full. Available at gas stations. I’d love to use rechargeables like I do with AA and AAA batteries, but I’d need to buy another good charger since they don’t fit in my current one.
- built-in rechargeable battery (eg Coleman Quickpump rechargeable): Convenient hands free. Don’t forget to charge the night before! Personally, I hate built-in rechargeables as the battery will inevitably die, sometimes sooner than later, rendering the whole product useless. Much prefer standardized external rechargables that can be replaced and extra batteries can be carried as spares.
- hand pump: reliable power everywhere. More work and bulk.
What are you using?