Info regarding Paddling Labrador

Hi everyone. I am currently working as a Sea Kayak Guide on the east coast of Newfoundland, in an area called “Witless Bay Ecological Reserve.” I was looking for information from paddlers who have paddled the Labrador region. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to respond to my email. Or on here :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for any effort.

James Kelly.

Favorite destination!
Have paddled a couple of rivers on the mainland and a bit of the coast in the Hopedale are. Hope to go back in ‘06.

Where you goin’ and what info are you looking for?

Paul

Check out this link!
I stumbled across this link while searching for information on an Explorer; I have already gotten an immediate reply from one of the folks on this list that I emailed an inquiry to. Looks like they should be able to give you some good first-hand information, as well. There are several good books about the Hubbard Labrador canoe expedition, if you’re interested. Good luck! Regan

http://www.wildernesscanoe.org/canoeists.htm

Thanks for the help
Hi guys, thank you for your assistance. I have a tossup between spending sometime kayaking in either Labrador or in Baffin Island. Got to say that Baffin Island may be a better point to start as the areas in Labrador I would be looking at paddling are prone to harsh weather and exposed coasts. The area in specific I am referring to in Labrador would be from Saglek north up past the Torngat Mountains. Thank you once again.

Jim Kelly

jamesfkelly1977@hotmail.com