Installing a fish finder on my canoe

-- Last Updated: Aug-02-07 2:03 PM EST --

I have a PiranhaMAX 220 fish finder that I want to install in my Old Towne Appalachian Canoe. The problem that I am facing is two fold. Should I install my Fishfinder on the middle canoe piece that is wood because I believe that is the only place I can install it? Any other ideas I would highly appreciate it. The other problem is as follows: What can I install on the inside of the canoe to put the battery in to keep the water off of the battery? I thought of buying a dry box then putting the battery in it an to put the wires to the holes and put marine silicone around the wires. What could I put behind the case to hold all of the weight of the battery and dry box? How can I install the battery inside the dry box without disrupting the dry box integrity? If anybody has other ideas I am all ears.

Thank you,
Brian

fishy
If I was doing this install Id build an aluminum box put a 12 volt garden tractor battery in it,spray a little foam in it and mount the finder right on the box. I wouldnt worry to much about water just make sure you put a fuse in. My 1/2 a cent worth. Good luck and happy fishing.

Canoe / Fishfinder
Critter,

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Brian