Is it just me who gets a bit crazy

Nothing better after a hard run ,paddle, hike than a shower and a nap.

@Rookie said:
Outdoors absolutely except when it’s blowing and -10 below or more. Even then I get a quick workout bringing firewood from the porch indoors. On the other hand, I wilt in high heat and humidity. Thankfully that’s a rarity up here.

According to this article and a couple of others, Michigan is going to be among the best places to live in 2100, and northern Michigan more specifically. Guess it is due to change in climate etc. Downstate acquaintances find it hard to imagine taking a walk in the mid of winter, but we just have to get out and smell the fresh air.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/03/22/michigan-best-place-to-live/99497966/

Only if you buy into the climate change big government idea. I don’t. I’ve been around for six decades and winter has always been cold and summer has always been hot. Weather has always had variables and that’s not going to stop.
As long as Detroit keeps going the way they are Michigan will not be the best choice, no matter what the temps are.

@string said:
when you can’t get OUTSIDE?
By outside, I mean burning calories in a natural setting. Paddling, hiking, running…
Maybe that is a rhetorical question.

It’s not just you string. According to my furry, four-legged paddling partner it’s all about the 4 P’s…Piddlin, Paddlin, Poopin, and going to the Park. All are outdoor activities.

The article is pure speculation. It also ignores one important issue: Pipeline 5.

@Rookie said:
The article is pure speculation. It also ignores one important issue: Pipeline 5.

What is that in English?

@string said:

@Rookie said:

What is that in English?

The infamous Line 5: https://www.oilandwaterdontmix.org/problem

Earlier this spring a vessel operated by VanEnkevort Tug and Barge Inc., of Escanaba dropped anchor in the Straits of Mackinac and dented Line 5 as well as cutting a cable that leaked 600 gallons of mineral oil insulation fluid.

“Only if you buy into the climate change big government idea.”

Climate change has nothing to do with government of any size or form. No matter what any government thinks or does, science prevails.

@Doggy Paddler said:
“Only if you buy into the climate change big government idea.”

Climate change has nothing to do with government of any size or form. No matter what any government thinks or does, science prevails.

K

Not so. It’s all about government control, money and has nothing to do with science. I worked for over two decades with a far left organization so I know how people will lie and cheat to feed this global warming scam to the masses. If you really care, read the books and articles from the scientists who think it’s untrue. Don’t just accept what the MSM tells you.

@DrowningDave said:
Only if you buy into the climate change big government idea. I don’t. I’ve been around for six decades and winter has always been cold and summer has always been hot. Weather has always had variables and that’s not going to stop.

Well, that settles that then. :smiley:

I’m not going to explain the obvious. If you are interested in knowing the real science than do some research. If not, I really could careless unless you’re going to take away my rights and raise my taxes.

You guys need to go paddling.

Ok, we’ve covered politics. Who wants to debate religion now?

@Sparky961

You always make me laugh. BTW, there’s a drone named Sparky resting at the bottom of Lake Superior, in a cave:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6r6S4DX8mI&feature=youtu.be

@Rookie said:
You always make me laugh. BTW, there’s a drone named Sparky resting at the bottom of Lake Superior, in a cave.

I’m glad to have put a smile on your face. At a recent family dinner we covered politics, religion, women’s rights, first nations, disruptive children and passive parenting, and probably more that I’ve blocked out… And that was all before the first course was done. I’d have settled for something lighter… Like the weather perhaps.

I suppose the drone laying dead at the bottom is better than me. That looks like an amazing place for a symposium.

I hate when I’m buzzed by a drone in remote places. It spoils the experience very quickly.

It is an amazing place and there was another drone on Sunday - sounded like a big annoying mosquito. It was overhead and I wanted to swat at it, but figured I’d fall out of my boat or someone would misinterpret a waving paddle signal.

@Sparky961 said:
Ok, we’ve covered politics. Who wants to debate religion now?

Typically people don’t want to discuss topics they know nothing about. There are things in life that really matter, some that don’t and some that have eternal consequences. I’d rather paddle but it’s not real life, it’s a pastime.

Love the video. I have drones buzz me every once in a while but I’ve never seen the footage posted online. I’d like to check out my technique from a birdseye view.

@DrowningDave said:
Typically people don’t want to discuss topics they know nothing about.

No doubt this describes many. But there are others who recognize the futility of such arguments and thus prefer to avoid them. The skilled can even do it with tact and civility.

No discussion is futile. I thought very differently when I was a child and a young adult than I do now. Information changes minds.
When I was looking to replace my sea kayak with another form of paddle craft I spent a year learning everything I could about all my options. I came to this site and other for advice, not because I didn’t know my stuff but because there’s always more to learn. We need to be open to reason, understanding and information others have to offer. I ended up with an elite surfski that most people would think absurd. I’m good with that. It was my choice and I’ve never regretted it (okay, maybe a little at first because I did a lot of swimming). I’m willing to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a ski just like with science, politics and religion. Ultimately the surfski won’t matter much in the big picture.