Is it just me who gets a bit crazy

@DrowningDave said:
I’m not going to explain the obvious. If you are interested in knowing the real science than do some research. If not, I really could careless unless you’re going to take away my rights and raise my taxes.

You’ve offered no evidence on this topic. You’ve claimed that because you have been around for a while (so have I), that your anecdotal observations of weather trump those of most climate scientists, and a very weak argument. And you’ve followed up with obvious political bias, and the assertion that the only “real science” is the science by a small minority that supports your views. Very weak sauce.

I’m happy to read any specific climate research that you refer me to but I suspect your reply will be “go find it yourself” because you haven’t read it yourself.

Not to add anything that will change anyone’s mind about science, or the lack of it, but whether, or not one believes the latest predictions about climate, or weather, what are you going to do about it? Be concerned and maybe change your lifestyle–for whatever good it does–thank you.

I’m not sure that climate change is necessarily a bad thing. If the worry is that it will get too hot, those who live in cold places might be happier. Personally, I would be much more worried about a drastic change the other way. I don’t like cold at all.

I’ve been around long enough to have been exposed to predictions of the coming ice age and now for the past few decades the predictions that we are about to burn up. I’ve always been interested in the weather and when my grandfather was in his eighties, I asked him if he recognized any pattern in the weather. His answer was that “No, some years are just colder than others.” That learned observation was many decades ago; it still seems to be prescient.

I don’t rule anything in, or out, because one thing that is settled science is that the Earth has been much hotter and much colder in the distant past. I’m pretty sure that man had nothing to do with those changes and I am very skeptical that man can, or will have any success with altering whatever climate change might come along next.

Evidently my feeble attempt at a change of subject was a complete failure.

Oh well. Moving on then.

Contentious yammering does nothing for a forum. B and B was created to get that stuff off the regular boards and it has moved on. Restating your case in a discussion that wasn’t intended for it only frustrates the people trying to stay on subject.

I am a bit crazy. I biked to work, as always, despite hot forecast. Looks like we are in for the hottest first week of August on record for Boston. The paddling this weekend was also hot. Thank goodness for rolling. The MMA gym was also stifling but doable if one stays hydrated.

Staying crazy. We are all gonna die, whichever way.

sing

I definitely go a little crazy (and get a little cranky) if I don’t get outdoor physical activity. It’s one thing to miss one day occasionally, but more than that and it’s not so great for me or those around me! I bike to work as well, and have been known to do so even on hot days like the previous poster.

@Angie O’Plasty said:
I definitely go a little crazy (and get a little cranky) if I don’t get outdoor physical activity. It’s one thing to miss one day occasionally, but more than that and it’s not so great for me or those around me! I bike to work as well, and have been known to do so even on hot days like the previous poster.

As I have said to a younger co-worker who is trying to become a bike commuter, it’s much easier to break a habit than to develop one. Discipline leads to habit. Habit sustains momentum. Momentum contributes to positive inertia. :slight_smile:

Craziness kicks in when one has to overthink something.

Just do it.

sing

Just Do It

Someone should make that their company moto.

@DrowningDave said:
Just Do It

Someone should make that their company moto.

The world is flat. That used to be (and is for some still) common sense knowledge.

sing

OK, the world is round.
But some let the air out.
From Dead Sea Scrolls to ozone holes,
all faith breathes in the doubt,

of whether righteous turned to right
to leave off all that’s left,
thoughts o’ plenty still around
when the in god we trust’s bereft,

with sixth day wonders gone to dazed arrest,
inconvenienced in seven-eleventh hour,
as air pump fails letting down the sails,
to fall flat with their higher power.

Its called the winter blues. Stuck inside a lot but there is always skiing and snow shoeing to keep from going fully crazy.

Yesterday, was one of the tougher rides home this summer, with heat index of 100 plus. I rarely complain about the heat. It is what it is (shrug…). But, I do find it ironic when I hear folks around here say, “Don’t complain about the heat because it’ll be winter before you know it.” Frankly, I wish. I much prefer cold over heat. :expressionless:

My favorite time of year in New England:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhRFfZ4xwc

sing

I didn’t know NE had white sand beaches.