Is It Spring Yet?

@eckilson said:
20" of snow today - I’m hoping for a long slow melt that will keep the rivers full for a while.

I am sitting in rainy CA, texting my wife. “Hey babe, take it easy, just blow enough snow away from the driveway to get out. Will take care of the rest when I get back.” :frowning:

I love the snow. But, not happy that my wife has to deal with. Will miss the waves coming in with this one. :neutral:

sing

Another snow day with the boy, but the cam looks good.

Beautiful!

Nice peak on the northern end. Never surfed that side. It’s where the NEsurf shop located?

The surf shop is on the main drag in the “Kenberna” strip of Hull. I’m not sure where exactly the Hull North cam is located, probably somewhere near the big pair of antennas on the hill.
Someone else grabbed this pic earlier today.

67 and sunny today, last 2 nights near freezing.

@string said:
67 and sunny today, last 2 nights near freezing.

ditto…pollen still strong mixed with frost on the windshield

I just mowed the front yard that was 6" deep (grass) in places . Ironically, this is the first day the mower has gotten warm enough to crank.

Cook Inlet is opening up

83 degrees, sunny, winds 10 from the SW. Seas not much… Spring is like Tuesday.

@string said:
I just mowed the front yard that was 6" deep (grass) in places . Ironically, this is the first day the mower has gotten warm enough to crank.

My snowblower has electric start, thankfully. I used it four days this week. :confused:

Round 4, ready or not, mid week. This time I am home to catch some of the post nor’easter swells. :smiley:

sing

Wow… The guy is talking in major media about surfing and a named spot… LOL!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/03/20/when-nor-easter-howl-comes-goes-surfing/WauJTMiFhUzyRjIQcw4jYI/story.html

sing

Well it is spring officially. If it weren’t for these high winds and tornado watches we’d have paddled the Crooked River today. So we sit in camp, cooking cookies and playing on the internet. Happy Spring where ever you are.

Vernal equinox on the calendar, yes. Was 16F this morning. I think bears have the right idea with that hibernation thing.

What do you call it when you get mugged on the vernal equinox?
The first robbin’ of spring! :stuck_out_tongue:

Spring danced in unquietly,
behind spun icy veil,
all equinox awhirled in fox
with wintry death throe wail,

march in fade on green’s parade,
froze mesmerized this day,
all warmth ahead held up as dread
spun blizzard Salome’

We’ve already had a day here and there of spring weather with a few days of summer thrown in, but today is back to kind of chilly with sprinkles. No swallows yet.

@Rookie said:

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you for weeks. B)

However it is only 57 degrees, overcast and windy. Afternoon winds forecasted for 22 NE. I was asked to provide boat support for a swimmer today. Bad day for that.