Is Pamlico 140 discoontinoued??

Perfection is Fleeting nt

LOL

It’s honestly a good boat.

– Last Updated: Nov-14-06 5:18 PM EST –

It's not a pool toy here. It's the length of a regular kayak, And well, It's just a regular kayak. What's wrong with it?? It's a great boat. Good quality, stylish, ETC. It's not the most expensive, but what's wrong with it?? It works fine, It's 14 feet long, It's just a regular boat.

I don't see a problem with it. It's fine! If someone held up a picture of a pamlico 14, and asked a guy what it was, he'd say kayak!! Theres nothing wrong with it!! I think it's a Wonderful kayak, and whats wrong with having it as my Favorite model??

easy boy!
Glad you love it. enjoy it. nothing wrong with it.

I support you in your
Pamlico 140 fetish.

Pay no attention to those blowhards with long boats and short genetalia.

Length of a “regular” kayak?

– Last Updated: Nov-14-06 5:48 PM EST –

What's "regular"?

To me 14' is quite short. "Regular" for me are sea kayaks. I paddle one that's 18' and another that's nearly 20. My third is 21'. My girlfriends is 16'6". All are 21" wide or less. All weigh under 50 lbs.

To my eye a Pamlico 140 is short, wide, heavy, and slow. That has absolutely no bearing on your opinion or enjoyment of course - but it does point out a wider context beyond what you may know.

"Whats wrong with having it as my Favorite model??"

Well, frankly - that depends on what else you've paddled. Nothing at all "wrong" with liking your Pamlico, or finding it perfect for your use. Enjoy, just don't be so surprised to find it is not universally loved, respected, or even considered a "normal" kayak by all.

Compared to the non-paddling you did before your Pamlico, it's no doubt great. My old Stearns inflatable was also a lot better than not paddling at all, but then I got my next, and next, and so on, and built one of my own, and had plans to design and build more... All were good in their own way, but my preferences and what I find enjoyable has changed along the way.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying you need to change or progress in any way. Not trying to change you or your paddling. What you have may indeed be perfect for what you do, and what you do may perfectly suit your paddling needs and venues for all time. But just for a second, consider that there might be something even better, even more fun (or simply different fun).

Haven't any other kayaks caught your eye or peaked your interest? Your Pamlico will not leave you if it catches you looking at other kayaks! But if you start trying others, as hard as it may be to believe it now, you might find your beloved Pamlico a bit dusty someday...

PS - "Blowhards" are only a concern for those who are balance challenged, though I am getting a bit concerned about krousmon's interest in my genetalia.

Nothing wrong with it
I applaud your enthusiasm for your boat. Being happy with the things you HAVE rather than expending lots of mental energy on the things you WANT is an extremely healthy attitude and will carry you far in life. The Pamlico 140 is a great boat. My comments, and most of the comments, are meant in jest.

Excuse Me…
I freely admit that I paddle a short waveski (not even a darn kayak!), I am short stature and have short “privates.” Furthermore, shrinkage is becoming a reality, tho’ not a problem, as the month goes on. I am about stokin’ out there. Not strokin’.

I don’t believe my Islander has ever made Canoe & Kayak (ad) Mag. Nor do I care. I wish everyone gets “regular” kayaks. They’re the best!

sing

The only opinion that really matters
about your own boat is yours. It is obviously the right boat for you, you’re fortunate to have such a good fit!

There is no problem…
with your boat, or your enjoyment of it. It’s very good.

I have recieved similar hoots from the peanut gallery if I express my enthusiasum for my boat, my vehicle, or whatever my taste leads me to. The problem seems to be in peoples perception that their boat is better than someone elses. We don’t all paddle the same pond, or have the same goal in mind, nor do we have the same budget to work with.

We should keep in mind that we all enjoy paddling, with one blade or two, bird watching, raging white water, or 'yaking around Cape Horn.

They are all quite worthwhile goals. But not in the same boat.

I don’t own a vehicle that would beat a Corvette in a race, but I still like what I drive.

T

I’ve got the bug
All this talk about Pamlicos. I have to try one! I bet they turn well. Like a Pungo but with more rocker, right?

Good luck asking WS customer service about discontinuation. It’s a black hole last few times I tried call or email. Ask your local kayak shop, or maybe flatpick will let us know.

I’d assume the line is healthy unless you hear otherwise from a retailer or from WS.

Paul S.

Oh my gosh!
“I’d assume the line is healthy unless you hear otherwise from a retailer or from WS.”

I might be wrong. Not one stinkin’ Pamlico on the used market in your area!

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/search/boa?query=pamlico

They might have already gone the way of the Mariner; a cherished collectors item. Hold on to yours, Pamlico_140!

Paul S.

sorry to say…
yes… the Pam 140 is on our ‘retired’ list. There is still a bunch of ‘em out there and the lifespan of a roto boat can be as high as 15-20 years so…you’ll have plenty of P~140’S to keepaya happy.

FWIW- TRY sumthin’ NEW sometime. while there’s nothing wrong with the P~140 you just might find something sweeeeet out thar.

tho then you’d haveta change your name…

=:-0)

steve

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

– Last Updated: Nov-15-06 5:53 PM EST –

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! THE HUMANITY!!! But I can keep my pamlico 140 for my whole life, right?? I know after 30 years it gets fragile, But In 30 years, I can still use a Kayak condo, and put it on the wall in my living room, and keep it as my prize possesion up there.

So, I can keep it all my life, but paddle it for 30 years, before it goes on the wall above the sofa.

Proud Of You…
you figured it out and can now move on… :slight_smile:

sing

yup, Finally happy that
I will have my pamlico 140 with me all my life.

Might slice it in half
and put one half above the sofa, on the wall,

and the other half on the bedroom wall…

Life can sometimes really…
…be bitch!! It would be nice if this was one of the larger “speedbumps” of your life, but I suspect it won’t be.

Try a Perception Sundance . You’ll forget about the Pamlico in no time!!

Pamlico
go shop around ther are plenty of pamlicos on the show room floor, better yet get a used T-160, you WILL forget about the Pamlico. Heck the T-160 makes me forget to paddle my QCCs from time to time!!!

They still make
The Pungo 140, right? Free yourself to the larger cocpit!