Is this site legit? selling $300 kayak for $99 plus free shipping

I am shopping for a kayak. this site is too good to be true right? Not only
their prices are 70% off, they come with free shipping and they are fully in stock.

https://www.rrtrade.space/product-category/lifetime/

I don’t think I’d send them my money, but it may be legit. This is an interesting site that looks atthe legitimacy of websites, and here is there review of rrtrade.space.

Caveat emptor.

Let us know how that goes…

They’re selling Lifetime brand kayaks, which, from what I’ve seen of them in stores, are the bottom of the barrel in quality.

I’m reminded of this:

Did a bit more digging. The site is in China. Terms of service include:

We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.

These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of China.

1 Like

Yes…

If you own multiple cats; it would probably make a good litter box.
But you probably don’t need a 99 dollar litter box; unless you have multiple cats?

Or buy it, cut the top off, and make it into a flower bed.

I’d keep looking, if I were you…

BOB

I sent the link to Lifetime at its Utah corporate office and asked if they were aware of it. Their response: This is a scam. Please report it.

Would if I could, but the FTC site takes complaints only if one has actually been defrauded.

1 Like

Their terms are somewhat curious. The company only seems to sell rotoform kayaks, but their terms include downloadable software products, VHS tapes, vinyl records, etc. Like whoever was creating the site was simply copying and pasting from a site from the 1980s. Not overly confidence inspiring…

Additional non-returnable items:
Gift cards
Downloadable software products
Some health and personal care items

To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.

Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.

There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Book with obvious signs of use
CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery

1 Like

Privacy page is even more amusing.

[[INSERT IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]]
MINORS
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [[INSERT AGE]] .

Oh, and for some weird reason, you can’t purchase more than one item. Cart limits you to $99.

SCAM.

1 Like