It's my last kayak I am buying!

How many times have you said that only to cave in?

I’m finally smart enough not to say “never” .

I bought one kayak in my life.
Said I’d never buy another; haven’t/won’t.
Would take one that was offered for free; then sell it.

Bought 3, old school, whitewater solo canoes this year.

BOB

I’ve purchased my last kayak several times, striving for consistency.

@thebob.com said:

Bought 3, old school, whitewater solo canoes this year.

Those boats are in great shape - don’t even look like they have been paddled. Old Town, Dagger and Mad River. I think I know the answer, but I have to ask - why do you need 3 old school whitewater solos?

It isn’t the last one. It is the “next one”.

Responding to Eckilson…
All 3 boats were seldom used, and spent most of their life in storage.
The Fantasy is virtually as new.

Why have 3 different old school whitewater solos?
Well actually I have 7; for multiple reasons.
Because I want too, and can afford too
Also, because I like doing restoration/re outfitting on old school boats, and “messing around” with them on rivers.
Hi! My name is Bob, and I’m a boataholic…

I also have a Perception HD-1, Whitesell Piranha, MR Flashback I, MR Flashback II.

The Fantasy looks brand new. In one of the Kent Ford videos he paddles a Fantasy. Is the other boat a composite Flashback? Time to dig out that video.

I have not yet risen to your level Bob, but “My name is Erik, and I’m a boataholic…”

Sorry I missed your post Eric…
Both models of Flashbacks are Royalex.
The "pretty in pink"model II will definitely be repainted next Spring.

Pink=yuck!

BOB

I’m not a canoe guy, but those look really nice. I too am a boataholic. Always looking around for a good deal on something interesting…

Bob, you are missing a Howler.

@rival51 said:

Howler…32 oz container of draft beer?

@Overstreet said:

@rival51 said:

That’s a Growler.

Nope, for beer, at least in Michigan, a growler is 64 oz while a howler of beer is 32. However in this case it’s a Mad River canoe. One of the stranger looking canoe you will ever see with 5" of rocker + flare in the bow, 10" in the rear and a cross section that looks like a piece of channel. Designed as a tandem but the one that lives at my house has a triple saddle so it can be paddled solo. I think that Millbrook has/had the molds and would make a composite version.

@rival51 said:
Nope, for beer, at least in Michigan, a growler is 64 oz while a howler of beer is 32. However in this case it’s a Mad River canoe. One of the stranger looking canoe you will ever see with 5" of rocker + flare in the bow, 10" in the rear and a cross section that looks like a piece of channel. Designed as a tandem but the one that lives at my house has a triple saddle so it can be paddled solo. I think that Millbrook has/had the molds and would make a composite version.

I stand corrected. A can of beer is plenty for me.

@string said:

@Overstreet said:

@rival51 said:

That’s a Growler.

No. Growler is 64 oz.