JAWS return

An absolutely terrible, click-bait article. I’ve caught 1/2 eaten fish all my life. A long time ago sharks & barracuda learned to eat hooked fish. Once as a kid in a small pond, I even broke a cane pole I was fishing with because a huge bass attempted to devour a bluegill I had hooked.

And a side note for you fisherman: I landed the bluegill after the bass finally let go. The bluegill was almost entirely scaled from being in the mouth of the bass.

1 Like

That’s one of those surprise moments for newbie or kids fishing for panfish. You hook a bluegill and… WHAM!.. a bigger bass or pickerel snatches the bluegill. This is the stuff that “hooks” newbie fishers to fishing. :slight_smile:

sing (who still has a virtual hook embedded!)

1 Like

I don’t see “a real problem”. If they can’t handle the competition, they should get out of the game.

1 Like

That bass did you a favor, scaling is messy :laughing:

1 Like

I won a fishing rod in a kid’s fishing tournament with the head of a huge kingfish! Saw the shark come up and take the rest of the fish. My prize was for the most unique catch. This was back in 1961 or 1962.

2 Likes

Agree 100%! For me, I was already solidly hooked on fishing. That bluegill/bass day just set the hook more firmly.

Muskies occasionally help themselves to hooked fish in my neck of the woods.

1 Like

friend caught a 25 lb blue fish in channel by Lido Beach Long Island left side of inlet all of a sudden it was half a fish.

Sharks are definitely on the ride around LI

sing

she lost 20 or 25 lb. of flesh on her leg :sob: