Just curious - scammer question

Simple answer: Cash in person.

3 Likes

I vote scam, why take the chance? You said you have others interested in your kayak, so perhaps you don’t need to jump on this one. Cash and in person is always my preferred way of selling. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Guess I asked too many questions and he decided to look for someone else to scam. Happy New Year to you too!

1 Like

The last time I bought a kayak , I didn’t haggle and I didn’t ask anything except do you still have it and where are you. I drove over 5 hours with cash. He had it out on his driveway when I got there. I handed him his, what I considered, fair asking price, and loaded it on my car. I said thank You.

3 Likes

Good for you, roym, that’s how deals should work out. I recently drove four hours for my latest, too.

1 Like

Agree. I saw an SP in Morgantown WV, so I drove 4 hours and enjoyed the road trip. When I got there, the like new boat was less than like new. The seller ready accepted a more realistic offer.

2 Likes

Yup - another scammer on board - watch out for daniellehatfield888 - mis-spellings in their offer and wanting to do an echeck - BTW provide your bank information so they can send it to you. What a pile of crap. Paddling.com should be shutting these scammer down.

1 Like

We haven’t heard from the McCoys yet.

I buy a kayak it’s cash or PayPal. I get a bill of sale and take pictures of house and vehicles with license plates. Picture of kayak and house in one picture.

I sell a kayak, it’s cash or PayPal … too old for Venmo.

I bought a kayak once where I sent the seller a personal check and picked the kayak up 6 weeks later. Worked great since she was kindly willing to hold it for me, and she got to be sure the check cleared. But I spoke on the phone with the her about the boat beforehand.