Just ordered an Esquif Prospecteur 16 from REI

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get an Esquif Prospecteur shipped to Texas for about a year (without paying an arm and a leg for shipping). I was wanting the P17, but REI suddenly showed the P16 in stock on their website. They will ship it to the local store for free. So I got the approval from the Mrs. and placed the order. It will take about a month to arrive.

6 Likes

Congrats! Very cool boat! I hope you share your impressions after you get to know the boat.

MIriverrunner

1 Like

I will for sure! Unfortunately, it comes in the week after my next planned trip. Hopefully, I can get it wet mid-April.

I have the 15’ and paddle solo, sometimes with his dogness. You’ll love it!

2 Likes

I didn’t know that REI still sold any decent canoes. Good for you.

About a year ago a few Esquif models showed up on their website. But they were never in stock. A few weeks ago I reached out to them and they said they would have them in stock in about a month. I also reached out to Esquif on Facebook. I mentioned that REI never had them in stock. The next day they showed up in stock. I don’t know if it was coincidence or if my questioning caused them to make it happen, but I ordered it as soon as I could. Should arrive then end of March. REI sells Old Town as well.

1 Like

I recently purchased an Esquif Echo from them for the same reason. Good solo boat, no shipping cost, lots of reward points.

2 Likes

Just picked her up!

2 Likes