Kajak Sport Kayaks: still in business?

Kajak Sport is still very alive here!

– Last Updated: Nov-26-07 8:59 PM EST –

I talked to Phil Wong today, he is the U.S. importer for Kajak Sport kayaks. Phil said they are still doing a steady business here, and that since he really is not a retailer, and concentrating on wholesale dealer accounts, the website probably hasn't been given the updating that he feels it really should have had. The line sounds as if it is still the same though, which is fine I believe. I've really loved the Vivianne and its paddling ability, fantastic speed and quality construction. I've given mine a beating and the only damage i've encountered was the night I was to damn tired after a high wind paddle to put it up in the garage and left it outside against the house. Go figure... a fairly large limb topped out of a tree in my yard and just bairly clipped the stern upsweep, cracking the stem a bit. The force of the impact also cracked the opposite sides seam tape for a couple inches. Otherwise I really think they are impeccably made boats. And just so you know cooldoc, he is still importing 3-piece sectionals on special order. I have paddled my friends Millenium also and I really think folks should concider the line, they really are some fine kayaks. And as most of you already know, a lot of major kayak companies are now using Kajak Sport hatches and hatch rims on their own boats, that alone speaks volumes about Kajak Sports quality!

Nice info, stickman. Thanks.

And for anyone thinking about a Kajak Sport, stickman has not only the inside phone number, but is a retailer. Check him out for a purchase.

Thanks again for checking with Mr. Wong.

Kajak Sport
Kajak Sport boats were imported by Phil Wong of Global Outfitters.

The phone number I have for Phil is:

617 834-5623

I haven’t talked to Phil in a couple of years and don’t know if the number is current, but give it a whirl.