Kayak Carrier

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler, currently with a soft top on for summer.

Does anyone know if I can get a roof mount carrier for kayaks or should I go the trailer route??

Help…

I have a '95 Wrangler
When I am using it to go paddling, I take the top off, and tie the kayak dkown to the roll bar. I tie the back end to the bumperetts in the rear. I also tie the front to one of the hooks under the front bumper. It is the easiest thing to do. Do you have the padded roll bar? if not, pad it. I slit a pool noodle, and pressed it over the windsheild for some padding there. It stayed put just fine all the way down to San Diego More than once…

Aftermarket Jeep product catalogs
You do not have to get a trailer, though that is what I used to use with my Wrangler.

Check out Jeep aftermarket product catalogs. They are loaded with goodies for Wranglers, including roof racks. If you own a Jeep, you will be inundated with these catalogs.

KargoMaster makes a heavy-duty roof rack, and several others make lighter versions. Prices vary accordingly. Some of them will require some drilling, so think about this ahead of time.

I almost had someone custom-weld a roof rack to use front and rear hitch receivers (making the rack easy to remove) but the deal fell through.

JC Whitney Co
lists a Sports Rack under their JEEP section at JCWhitney.com

SYOW

Cal

Pool Noodle
What is a pool noodle??

Thanks for the tip…

Ken

Before I dumped my lemon Wrangler…
… I had a Kargo Master rack which had adapters for Yakima bars.

It was pretty neat in the fact that it was hinged and you could roll it right over the back to put the top down and then put it back up once you had the top down.

Unfortunately I had to dump the Wrangler with only 13,000 miles on it. It was the worst lemon that a person could imagine.

Cheers,

JackL