kayak cart suggestion

Here’s a question for you. Is the distance between scupper holes on different brands of kayaks the same? In other words, would the distance between scupper holes on a Hobie be the same as the distance on a Wilderness Systems?

I’m interested in a kayak cart. It’s a Hobie brand. It’s the kind that has two posts that go up into the scupper holes. This looks to me to be a great type of cart for moving a kayak. But if the distance is not the same it obviously won’t work. Seller said he’d have to measure the distance and hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I won’t pursue the issue with him if there’s no chance the cart will work with my kayak.

A lot of them are adjustable…for example
https://www.cabelas.com/product/ASCEND-KAYAK-SOT-CART/3445018.uts?productVariantId=6097358&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=05300865&rid=20&ds_rl=1246549&ds_rl=1246552&ds_rl=1252242&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=CjwKCAjwte71BRBCEiwAU_V9h984dySo_R9ZTgLsAZOqwFKFvXCaUwZLMpdMy7VTHYA_-BVgQYzajBoCwXsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But you are limited to SOTs.

If you’re buying used…all bets are off.

1 Like

Nothing is standardized in the paddling industry.

If you read the Q&A in the reviews below one of them says it works only on Hobies.

1 Like

The scupper holes are the weakest part of a SOT kayak. Using a cart going thru the holes is not advised. Recommend the C Tug cart

4 Likes

The one I got from Bass Pro Shops is adjustable.

1 Like

Love my C Tugs. Added the larger wheels for sand use.

One benefit of the C Tug is that it collapses easily and will store in a hatch…

But I just leave my Tugs on the beach and would have preferred the same cart with fat pneumatic tires for my specific use – 10 minutes on asphalt, 3 minutes on gravel drive, 45 seconds on sand (or 10 seconds, with higher water level this year).

I suppose as I venture further afield (awater?) I’ll end up stashing the Tug in the kayak and will appreciate that flexibility…

OK Thanks for the reply...