Kayak exploring

Just moved to Daniel Island - moderately experienced kayaker from New England…we have our own equipment and don’t necessarily want a tour. Would like to explore the ocean inlets and similar areas - don’t really want to “ocean” kayak…Heard there were some areas near Folly Beach - would appreciate suggestions please! Thanks, Deb

???
Where are you? I don’t know those names to have a clue even what state or country you are in?

Go see Scott or Bill
At Sea Kayak Carolina. They also sponsor a meetup group and Low Country Paddlers.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Assuming you mean Folly Beach in SC
Make sure you visit the East Coast Kayak Festival at James Island County Park April 17-19. My parents retired to Folly so I’ve visited many times. I’ve done casual sea kayaking in borrowed boats. Once you get a good set of charts and compass, there are thousands of channels to explore. You need to pay attention to tides so you don’t get stuck in Pluff mud (which is either described as absolutely vile or the smell of the Lowcountry).

well well
I’m Daniels and tried Sea Kayaking Georgia’s Neap seminar off Tybee but was harassed/attacked and then thrown out for not contributing enough money into the general fund.

Bank of America, with whom I have contacts, cancelled my cards.

In SC where I was involved with continuing research with the boat tail grackles on the birds northern range, I’m the expert founding my very own branch of seismology in the process for the song bird state also was throwing me out with gangs of thugs following me around 24 hrs.

What???
Does Datrolls post above make sense to anyone reading it??

It can’t just be me that doesn’t understand it.???

I think it is on purpose
To get attention.

It’s in code.
If you have the code book, or an interpreter, there’s at least a couple of stories in there.

Datakoll
posts on several kayaking websites, but there is no record of anyone having understood what appears. Some have speculated that it is a computer algorithm.

ah
That’s why I can never under stand datakoll. Makes sense some kind of computer. Hence the data part of the name. Like from star trek TV show with Data the android.

data
If you say his words outloud with wrap—hip hop beat it makes way more sense.

puzzled too
Yeah, I’ve become accustomed to DK’s posts deteriorating into inconprehensibility, but that one really broke the record. Maybe somebody is off their lithium?

The late Vladimir Vanha of Noah kayaks
was a rather obviously bipolar genius, but was full of stories of how NC police were persecuting him.

Eventually, after problems getting his wonderful designs made in poly, he returned to Czechoslovakia. He was a great guy, sold me a wonderful boat for $100 (demo), but I don’t think he ever discovered lithium.

Lithium, in smaller doses, is one of the most brain protective substances known. Eat your batteries.

And I thought…
I thought it was only me who required the Enigma machine to decode these posts…

Seismology of songbirds my fave
Honestly, if anyone is seeing song birds large enough to cause an earthquake, it has to be a pretty scary world out there Just think of how big your house cat looks! Fluffy the biggest Trex ever found.

:slight_smile:

doahn ask
The rest of you go on with life as it is.

another unusual menu
Panasonic and beef jerky ?

where the trees are mainly green…

– Last Updated: Mar-31-15 8:07 PM EST –

No, this is my last resting place. I wux trying to glean from West Coast Paddlers.

You know Weyerhauser-Mussolini threw me out as I learned Orca.

? One explanation was WM didnah want the Orca to bitch abt conditions. WM thought the Orca could speak English.

Give you an idea what's happening over at WM

WCP was involved in a discussion of rolling led by a proclamed newbie whose vivitar or icon was a man sucking a dick.

I tried the double float hip snap method and the moderator threw me out for not posting to the subject.

After WCP deleted the water bag keel post as unsafe.

EH ?

and
kayakforums.com

ask the expert shopmen

Coastal SC back on topic

– Last Updated: Mar-31-15 10:24 PM EST –

I live west of Columbia and paddle at the coast when not canoeing rivers, swamps or kayaking lakes in the state. Lots of good paddling I just got back Sunday from 3 days camping on a beach and sea kayaking the area.

Take Marshall's advice and get in touch with Sea kayak Carolina and join the sea kayak Charleston meetup group. The meetup group is very active and have regular free paddles weekly. In the upstate check out the sea kayakers of Greenville meetup group. there are also other groups of low country paddlers.

Fort Sumter and the Harbor, Morris Island inlet with the abandoned light house in the Ocean, the Stono River, surfing your kayak on Folly Beach all in that area. While further north you have the bone yard of ocean side trees on Bull Island and Capers Island with camping by permit on the beach at Capers. South you have Edisto Island and the ACE basin.

You will want a GPS and perhaps someone with you who knows Sparkelberry Swamp. A great place south of Sumter. Lake Jocassee in the upstate is a jewel. Lots of new paddling experiences to be found here.