Kayak Hoist/Lift 200# $30!!!

Here is a great deal to stow Kayaks.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=&sku=8004&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

Good luck!

Only 75#'s
It only lifts 75#'s. I’ve seen these for sell in kayak magazines. I don’t remember the price though.

Target
Target has a similiar hoist in thier garage organization section that holds up to 50lbs. for $25.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-15/qid=1106987610/ref=sr_1_15/601-3786812-7785759?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B00006JBL3

75 pounds
is what the particular lift advertised is designed to raise. However, at $30.00 it is a deal. I spent $57.00 (included shipping) for my first one. (I now have all three of my kayaks hanging from the ceiling.) But no matter the price, the ability to “recapture” some need garage space this winter has been priceless.

SYOW and stay warm,

Cal

75 pounds
is what the particular lift advertised is designed to raise. However, at $30.00 it is a deal. I spent $57.00 (included shipping) for my first one. (I now have all three of my kayaks hanging from the ceiling.) But no matter the price, the ability to “recapture” some need garage space this winter has been priceless.

SYOW and stay warm,

Cal

75 pounds
is what the particular lift advertised is designed to raise. However, at $30.00 it is a deal. I spent $57.00 (included shipping) for my first one. (I now have all three of my kayaks hanging from the ceiling.) But no matter the price, the ability to “recapture” some needed garage space this winter has been priceless.

SYOW and stay warm,

Cal

harness or loop?
What do you put around the ends of the kayak to lift it with the hoist?

'unique NO HASSLE mounting system’
unique no-hassle mounting system allows easy mounting to any flat ceiling or exposed 2x4…

Gosh, kinda sounds like it’s got a couple drywall anchors to put it on a flat ceiling…NOT anything I would ever hang my BIKE on, let alone a boat. And unless that puppy is screwed into a rafter joist, I wouldn’t put anything underneath it that you happen to care about-like maybe a car. If it’s hung with drywall anchors–or in any way hung from just the ‘ceiling’ (read: sheetrock) it’s liable to pull through and make several nice, jagged holes in your ceiling. But you’ll quickly forget about those when you notice to the mess whatever was hanging on it made out of anything below it.

Don’t get me wrong, overall it’s a great setup, and while I was still in college, I custom-designed a setup similar to that while my kayak was still at my parents house, but if you’re going to use something like this, go to the ‘hassle’ of finding a joist to anchor the hanging brackets in to, and while you’re at it, find a stud to mount the rope stays to, also. Anything less is asking for trouble IMHO.

hanging
what is wrong with a couple of 2x4’s hanging from the ceiling? only a few dollars.

Ace Eye-screws
What is so hard about going to Ace hardware and buying 4 eyebolts (wood screw ends) 1/4-5/16 thickness, 1-1.5" eye size, with longish shank 2", and mounting them to the garage rafters? Space the first 2 apart for best support of the boat hull and where the joist/rafters are. Each is capable of holding 200 lbs. Kayak or canoe is less than 80 lbs, so 40 lbs per rope. Use a poly or nylon rope 1/4 to 5/16" diameter and tie down to two eyebolts in the wall nearby.

One problem with pulleys is that the boat or bike comes zinging down if let go… so does the eyebolt system. Don’t let go until down!