Kayak or Canoe!!??^^%%##@

Woody Allen once said
he wanted to have 3 children – one of each kind.

Well, I was only making a joke about
when you canoe, you don’t have to limit too much what you bring and if fact, I tend to go to the ridiculous when packing for a trip. However, I personally don’t care what people bring or don’t bring on a trip or what they do. I don’t care if they paddle a yak, canoe or an inner tube. In fact I don’t care what they do as long as it doesn’t effect me. I was only making a comment about how theBob and I pack for a trip. If you feel you get more out of a “wilderness” trip just in your skivvies, have at it, I just don’t care.

@
get a kayak and go paddling with dfwpaddlers yahoo group.

Apples and Oranges

– Last Updated: Oct-10-06 1:20 PM EST –

What can one conclude about differring amounts of glide when one boat is large and the other small, and when one boat carries one person and the other two? Ditto when the two-person boat is only being powered by one person instead of both? I assme you were going pretty slowly from the way you describe things, and in general, a larger boat is noticebly harder to move at slow speeds than a small one. In any case, under normal conditions (both paddlers doing their share), a person in a Loon 138 wouldn't be able to slack off so while keeping up with a general-purpose tandem canoe. A general-purpose solo canoe, yes, but not a tandem, and since the original question is about solo boats, I don't see how this applies.

Money
All of the above notwithstanding, it is a known fact that kayakers appear to always be shopping for – if not buying – new boats.

Canoers (ists?) pretty much dance with the one that brought them to the dance.

Is there a research project here? Probably.

Do you have the time? Probably not.

Do you want to buy a new boat EVERY year? Probably not.

Obvioius answer to your question if you’re not rich: canoe.

Easy GBG
I don’t think I implied anywhere that my singular experience was the answer to all possibilities. The only way to really know is to put boats in the water and compare them.