Kayak recommendations...beginner boat that I wont grow out of right away

Dkear3223, I emailed WS about the changes to the WS line. 125 Tsunami remains unchanged as you confirmed. I’ve been a staunch supporter of the Wilderness Systems kayays, because they fill a niche between rec boats and specialized performance boats. Their design is roomy, comfortable, stable and well thought out. It would be presumptuous for me to second guess the design and marketing departments of a major kayak manufacturer. I have to point out that I havent paddled the new models to compare, but my person choice would be to narrow, not widen the offerings. So don’t take my word for it, always paddle and compare. If the current model changes don’t match your needs, there is still a used market with models matching the old specifications.

1 Like

I don’t believe in getting “beginner kayaks”. My first time kayaking was class III whitewater. My first kayak was a Carbon Fiber Necky Tahsis the top of their product line which I still enjoy. My first canoe was a Wenonah Sundowner. I decided what I wanted to do with the boat and bought the boat that I wanted. I never had to upgrade and I spent years enjoying the boat that I wanted to be in doing the activities that I foresaw using it for years ago. The only exception was when I bought my Pungo for river paddling in groups. I ended up selling it after 2 years because I didn’t like the bathtub feeling of it. Now I’m looking at the Delta 12.10 for the river paddles and a some overnight camping and I’m also looking at the P&H Volan for a play boat.

2 Likes