Kayak recommendations for Dad and Toddler

Hey everyone!

I’m a new paddler and have been renting Kayak time here in LI for 2 years now. I decided recently I would like to take the plunge and purchase my own Kayak. I will be paddling with my toddler most of the time (3year old). The waterway I paddle in is about 3 feet deep and very calm. I was looking at the Perception Rambler 13.5 tandem but I was hoping to get away with something a bit smaller. What are your thoughts?

I have been looking online for forums and recs for kayaks that would accomodate a kiddo. What are you paddling in with your little ones?

Thanks everyone and have a great day

When my 3 were young , I always took them in a kayak that was very canoe like. It was a Folbot Super and there are several kayaks now that are very similar like the Wilderness Systems Pamlico.
Very stable with room to move around, like toddlers do. Later on, I took them in canoes.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

OT Vapor 10 or 12

My Old Town Loon 138 is a very good boat to take the kids out. It is very stable, so you can let them lean over the side to look\play with the water. You’ll have to get one used. The downside is that it’s a bit on the heavy side.