kayak rentals near Plano Texas

Hello paddling.net community! I am wondering if anyone could assist me in my research. I will be traveling to Plano Texa in November for work. I see that there is a large reservoir-Garza Little Elm Reservoir. Does anyone know of any kayaking rentals near by & if anyone has ever paddled here?..any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks & happy paddling.

There are a few in the neighborhood

– Last Updated: Aug-05-10 7:57 PM EST –

There are REI locations in Plano and in Dallas that rent, High Trails in Garland (that one might be a bit far) and PaddleBound in Colleyville. There are more fun places to paddle too, contact us when you get to town. We do paddles on local streams on Saturday mornings in the fall, winter and spring. Check out our website.
www.down-river.com

plano/dallas
We tend to avoid lewisville lake (formerly called Garza Little Elm Reservoir) during the summer as it is a busy urban lake as well as a party lake.

That said there are many lakes and state parks around dallas. REI rents boats. Hightrails canoe rents boats http://www.hightrailscanoe.com/

Check out the local yahoo group ‘DFWpaddlers’ there are many BCU and ACA trained paddlers and instructors in the group.

Try the Trinity River in Carrollton. Off of Sandy Lake road about a mile west of i35. Can be paddled upstream for about 13 miles then turnaround and come back. Many of our racers train on this section of river.

For more info or help email me at wreitzersmith@yahoo.com