Kayaker Dies in Alabama

you should be worried
about ending up in a ditch.

wow - 67 responses
All from the wrong forum. Can you imagine the stress on the server if it would have been posted in the right forum?

Nope
You are reading between the lines again, and got it wrong. I had no “attitude” of the sort you refer to in any way, shape, or form UNTIL this guy got all cranky about not “being able to” take my information. THAT statement took me totally by surprise, but like I said, I did my best to remain polite. I fully expected him to be polite, and maybe even convey some degree of respect toward a person who was trying to help someone who’s car had been damaged, and who was providing information to the police which might have been the only thing allowing them to catch the “perp”.

On the other hand, there was another case this summer where I witnessed a teenage kid stealing gas from a landscaping company, and I reported the crime to the owner. The owner called the police, and the police officer that responded showed a great deal of initiative regarding doing something about the crime, and told me he very much appreciated the fact that I had noticed what was going on and did something about it, saying too many people would have been too “busy” for that. So I’m not saying all public employees are lazy, but I figure the officer in that first story most definitely WAS lazy. Let’s assume for a moment that I had witnessed a hit-and-run or act of vandalism involving a parked squad car. Do you think that officer would have told me he couldn’t accept my offer to provide the license number of the perpetrator because I didn’t own the property which was damaged? Bull. I figure it’s no skin off his nose to use the same line of reasoning toward information that might have been the only thing allowing the police to identify the hit-and-run driver in the situation I described.

Who said a life was less important?
I just said I understand that there has to be a cut off and recognize that for a LEGAL ADULT 48 hours is as good as any.

Oh, I also do not care if you have worked for every county and state in the country… it gives your argument no weight what so ever. You are wrong and the police acted as they should.

we need a better editor around here.

Go ahead and discuss them… on the
paddling.net board designed for such discussions. This board is no more the correct place for accident discussions than is the middle of an expressway at rush hour.

Rvwen… we have to remember to play nice
these folks over on the nice board get their panties in a twist far to easy.

:slight_smile:

breathe in…breathe out… relax…
tempest in a teapot? maybe don’t click on links that you don;t want to read?

what we need
is a little less sarcasm & little more compassion.

a million people died today around

– Last Updated: Dec-18-06 8:57 PM EST –

the world.

Why is one guy who died because he was stupid better than the rest?

for whom the bell tolls
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend’s or of thine own were. Any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

- John Donne -

He knew why joemess, so did Hemingway…

joe can’t see why
the product of time x matter x chance x energy x the impersonal should have intrinsic value. It’s not his fault. As a man thinks, so he is.

sorry …
but, I don’t see how …

“I bit my tongue and avoided calling him a lazy bastard on the public dole”

… can be described as anything BUT attitude.

So anyway, there’s this dead guy floatin
in the river, right,…and it was a really cold night so he’s wearing camo, right,…

yep thats it…
sorry, but I will worry about the kid that died from malnutrition…

well that settles it.
get a life.

I’d say…
…you’re the only one in this thread who thinks so.

But you’re sane, the rest of the world is crazy.

why the one and not the other?

I thought that was metallica
Get over it maybe?

one has a choice of actions
the other does not…

To say I cared for all deaths equally would be a lie. You do not care for all deaths equally either so don’t pretend you do.

But I have to say, defining my position for me, then putting words in my mouth is a VERY christian thing to do. Bravo! You should be proud. I am sure the Big Guy upstairs is sitting on the edge of his seat waiting for you to ask forgiveness so you can go to heaven