Kayaking around Vancouver Islands

I’m planning a trip to Vancouver and surrounding islands for mid-September. Has anyone booked a trip with an outfitter out there and had a good experience? I’m ideally looking for a week- or slightly less trip with camping/kayaking, animal sight-seeing, etc. I’m a beginner but have done a trip in Belize. Any suggestions appreciated!

Your best bet for info would be
to try myccr.com and the BC chat room. It’s a Canadian paddling Web site. There is a discussion about Desolation Bay which is just north of the city of Vancouver you might be interested in, or you can post a message and should get some good poop on any Canadian paddling destinations.

Butterfly Expeditions
Hello from Colorado,

I’ve spent a lot of time in Tofino on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. If your visit here, you’ll love it!

Look into Butterfly Expeditions-they are/were big on the Queen Charlotte Islands and are a class outfit.

Good Luck

Ken

Been there a few times
Hello,

I have done a few trips around Vancouver Island.

I just came back from kayaking with the Orcas out of Telegraph Cove in Johnson Straight. That was awesome…I was the only one about 4 miles south of Telegraph Cove when a large pod came near me and just hung around and played…I got some nice pics…great trip.

My other trip was to the Broken Island Group on the West side, South of Tofino. That is a great beginners area, lots of islands and campgrounds…beautiful water.