Kayaking in Savannah Georgia???

I made a post a few months ago and this is a follow-up post.

I am going to be attending a 3-4 month course is Augusta, Georgia this summer from July to October. I will be bringing my kayak and plan to paddle in the Savannah area on the weekends.

I would prefer to paddle with others given that I don’t know the area at all. Can anyone point me in the direction of any local clubs? Or is there anyone out there who would be interested in joining me? I am a pretty decent paddler and would be intersted in doing some 2-5 hour paddles (8-20 miles).

thanks for your help!

Matt

sign me up…
e-mail me…I’ll join you on the paddling. As for clubs…there’s a bunch right in downtown.

Tybee Island
Sea Kayak Georgia is a great place to start. Dale Williams is owner and knows the area very well.

We just got back from there and were amazed at the number of cars with kayaks on them. I suspect you’ll find a large kayak community there.

Lyn

count me in!
Hey, I’m new to kayaking, and live in Augusta. There are a few places to go around here, so don’t think you will always need to travel to Savannah to do some paddling. Like I said, I’m new to the sport and would love to find some people to paddle with and learn a few things or two! The place to find some local kayakers I here is a shop called AWOL located on Washington Rd. I haven’t had a chance to stop by in a while, but from what I hear they have the info on the Augusta Kayaking Club. I even hear they often group up and have moonlight paddles and water football with whitewater kayaks. Email me if you’re interested! -Kara-