Kayaking in the Stowe, VT area

Hi folks,

We’re in Stowe, VT for a few days, have a couple of kayaks and a couple of cars - ideal for some car dropoffs. Any nice, easy river trips for the wife and me, while we’re here??

Thanks in advance…

Stuart

google sea kayak vermont
an choose yer stuff --or lake champlain ------bunch o rivers and lakes to do there , Umiak is in Stowe on the main drag . Have Fun !

Ask the locals

Don’t recall the exact location of Stowe
but the White River, which runs down from the NW to the Hanover NH area, is an excellent class 1-2 run. With all the NE rain this year, it should be at a good level. I ran it in a ww canoe, but it is certainly easy enough for rec or touring kayaks.

yep

– Last Updated: Jul-30-09 7:55 PM EST –

Missisqoui National Wildlife Reserve in Swanton VT. Its about 45 min from Stowe. Its a protected area of Lake Champlain

http://www.stowe-vermont.org/canoeing-and-kayaking.htm

Winooski, Lamoille Rivers. I have not paddled either and do not know the put ins. All I can say is paddlers are resourceful and go snoop!

I like the White too but its an hour and a half away.

Talk to Umiak NM

kayaking in Vermont
Not sure of the distance between Stowe and Rutland, VT - but there are 2-3 nice lakes north and west of the Rutland area. Lake Bomoseen and Lake St. Catherine readily come to mind. There are a couple more closer to the Rutland area. Also check out lakes in the New Hampshire state. Might be closer and still give you a nice outing without having too long of a drive.

vermont kayak
a couple of weeks ago my wife and i took a wine and water tour on the Lamoille starting in Jeffersoville

(near Smugglers notch) we enjoyed it. kayak shack is behind a small restaurant called “Jeffy’s” we have to find out where there are public put in and take out are. also straight up rt 100

there as a small lake, Lake Eden has a public launch at the north? end. there are quite a few lakes in the area. like someone else said, you can ask at Umiak.