Kayaking Snake River

I’m looking for a 5-7 day trip anywhere in Colorado or Wyoming. I’ve only kayaked rivers in TX including the Devils and the lower Pecos river.

Where would be a good place to start for information?

Thanks

Not sure I know the rivers well enough to guide you, but I suspect others will want to know what type of river experience you want - calm float on fat water or some sort of white water?

so I usually start with internet searches or guidebooks. American whitewater’s state listings get browsed right away. That way I can rule out some stuff (too hard or too seasonal) and focus on stretches that match my abilities.

Guidebooks: Floaters Guide to Wyoming Rivers by Dan Lewis, there may be something newer but that’s what I’m using. Much of the guide is available online for free but I do have the actual book. You can get about 40 miles of paddling in on the north fork of the shoshone from the east gate of yellowstone to the lake (buffalo bill). At the upper end outside the park you aren’t allowed to tent camp (hard sided camping only) due to grizzly bears. The road parallels the river but honestly you hardly notice it as you pass under a bridge or two. There are campgrounds along the way. Also almost 70 miles of the snake in wyoming is class I and II below jackson lake to the snake river canyon, Just make sure to take out above the canyon unless you are ooking for IIIs and and one IV.
permits required in teton national park.
Colorado- Floaters Guide to Colorado by Doug Wheat, and the falcon guide to paddling colorado by dunbar hardy will keep you out of trouble. There is a great hard core guide for ww as well- forgot the name and it is out of print. I have suggestions, colorado river ruby or horsethief , you could lengthen by adding some miles from the stretch above ( I haven’t done any of this), check out the upper rio grande- popular with fishermen (done just the first 9 miles). I believe you might have to play the permit lottery for the dolores or san juan and deal with seasonal water. Of course if you have done the devils and lower pecos you know about boat dragging.

You also might want to add idaho to your list, lots of green zone (vegetation) paddling there as well- salmon and upper south branch of the payette might interest you. Snake river also in idaho as it leaves wyoming

Just returned from eastern Idaho and got a look at the Snake in many places. Understand that the geology is igneous with a lot of lava flows. That makes for lots of falls and a pool and drop river. You need detailed information to avoid the bad spots. Twin Falls, Idaho Falls and Columbia Falls. Henry’s Fork inside an old caldera is like a dream.