Kestrel 140 SOT

I just looked at one of these and would like some feedback. I’m looking for a lightweight boat mainly for flatwater paddling. I have a Tarpon 120 Ultralight and would keep it for the river and fishing. How would the Kestrel be for larger people? I haven’t found many Current designs dealers in my area.Thanks in advance for any info.

Define larger… nm

My definition
I’m 6’2" and 240 lbs. Also an old retired guy!!! That’s OK because it gives me more time to paddle.

Kestral 140 SOT…
I’m not a huge SOT fan but the 140 is my favorite. To me it feels more like a SINK than the run of the mill SOT. A friend would camp out of his so it should carry your weight just a ? of your leg length, can’t remember how much extra room I had. They are very light and a little more tippy (but not bad) than the average SOT barge. It could use a rudder when things get gnarly.

Well worth a demo.

I am about your size
I liked the Kestrel, but wanted a bit more gear capacity so I got a Current Designs Altura SOT (see my review). They are discontinued, but there are still some available out there.

Read Your Review
I’ll see if I can find one to demo. Most dealers close to me are small and don’t stock much. Anyone have ideas on where to find one. I live in central PA. I’ll start searching. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Check this

http://cpakayaker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4053&sid=756998f506bd31a060e11a9fa75350ce

No affiliation…