Key West Kayak Info?

Hi…heading down to Key West in April and was wondering if any members can recommend some good day trips, where to put in etc…thanks in advance…

Ditto,
I am also heading there about the same time and American arilines won’t let me take my kayaks (LOL). I also wondering if anyone knows of any outfitters that might rent kayaks. I might also be interested in a “guided” tour.

We will be in Key west and Marathon.

One site I have found that contains a lot of good links is www.keynoter.com

Kayak rental
as well as accomodations are available from Voyagers in Marathon. People I met were very happy with both. Very nice boats, far from key west though. Places to paddle are everywhere in the keys, access is very plentiful. I paddled my boat along the 7 mile bridge and on to Bahia Honda. Very nice. Be careful. Watch the weather and tides. Current can be real strong around the bridges and passes. I wish I was there now instead of here in the frozen North.

Key West Reading
A guide with 50 trips, Kayaking the Keys by Kathleen Patton

Key West Trip
Thanks for the tips…

cool spots
Big Pine Key- Key Deer Blvd. to the end, look for a footpath on the right to a tidal creek. Real nice paddle out to Cuttoe. Run into Key Deer everytime while putting in.

Dave at Key West Kayak Fishing is a great guy, I would suggest that you first take an eco tour with him, it will put you light years ahead and he will put you onto some good paddling.

Jeff