Kokatat Idol Dry Suit Zipper Placement???

Hi,
I am considering one of these dry suits. I really like the concept, but am a little unsure of the zipper placement. From what I have seen online, the zipper is placed such that it is intended to be between the top of your seat and the bottom of your backband.

This is a great idea, but with my P&H boats I use Immersion Research Reggie backbands. They sit very low on my back and there is very little distance between the bottom of the backband and the top of the seat. I am not sure how this will work out for me. Does anyone have any experience / advice for this issue? I guess I could go back to the P&H factory backband, but I prefer the IR band.

thanks
Matt

I have the Kokatat Radius dry suit with the Switchzip. Because of a pressure point just above my tailbone, I’ve padded the area between the lower backband and seat in my kayak. I never feel the drysuit zipper either front or back. Not even while wearing the drysuit while driving my car, as I did today because it was too darn cold to change on the beach.

Marshall Seddon of The River Connection is Kokatat dealer and paddles a P&H. You can contact him at: https://www.facebook.com/theriverconnection/

Hi Matt
Not a problem at all. I use the stock P&H backband which is taller than the IR Reggie and don’t have any issues with the Switch-Zip series of Kokatat suits.

In the suit though, go with the Radius. The additional features make for a more versatile garment. Price difference should be negligible after appliying your River Connection Kayak Owner VIP savings towards it. (Especially if it’s the tangerine color)

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
www.the-river-connection.com
fb.me/theriverconnection