Kokatat is sending me a new drysuit under warranty.

https://forums.paddling.com/discussion/2936705/drysuit-care-question-seam-tape#latest

I sent it in for evaluation and they informed that it would be replaced under warranty. Guess I had practice installing gaskets and washing and DRW treatment.

Thanks kokatat glad I spent the money for it. Probably 8 years old.

That’s Kokatat!

What suit are they sending you?

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Getting Expedition like I had. Red is not available anymore so I had tangerine or electric blue to pick from. I chose tangerine for visibility. I got the red one for Xmas / birthday from Edith. I ask for a piece back for a memento crazy as I am. They said they would see what they can do. May be a sleeve or some thing. LoL I love the kokatat balaclava and the hood in the cold. Friend has no hood and regrets it now. We were out he was cold I was warm. I learned bargains in life are few and far between. Buy once and buy right you won’t regret it, cheaper in the end. Who would buy a cheap rope to repel down a cliff. It’s your life.

That’s great customer support. My first drysuit was a Stohlquist. It was a good suit but when it looked like the Gore taped seams needed retaping, Stohlie told me that because they no longer made suits with Goretex, it was neither covered by warranty nor could they repair it for pay. The suit was also about 8 years old.

I used it for another season and then bought a Kokatat Meridian.

I am very pleased. Looks like none in stock from website. May have to wait a bit…

Give them a call for an ETA. They’re quite on top of what’s being done and where it is in the process. I don’t think I have a PaddleDog size in my fleet gear as a loaner.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Thanks Marshall for the offer. I sent them an email.

Pikabike, you should have called Gore directly. That’s what I did when my Stohlquist suit (which I loved) failed. They replaced it with a Kokatat. In-fact, they said to just pick out any suit I wanted and refused to take any money to cover the price difference between the equivalent to what I had - which would have been the Meridian - and the Expedtion that I wanted. If you still have the Stohlquist suit, I’ll bet that Gore will still honor the warranty.

@bnystrom said:
Pikabike, you should have called Gore directly. That’s what I did when my Stohlquist suit (which I loved) failed. They replaced it with a Kokatat. In-fact, they said to just pick out any suit I wanted and refused to take any money to cover the price difference between the equivalent to what I had - which would have been the Meridian - and the Expedtion that I wanted. If you still have the Stohlquist suit, I’ll bet that Gore will still honor the warranty.
If he doesn’t you just made him crazy! Hopefully he can give it a shot.

Brian, Stohlquist did not mention that as a possibility. Anyway, I discarded that suit years ago. The sewn seams were also getting worn, the Velcro tabs barely stuck anymore, and the actual Gore membrane was exposed inside in a few spots from the covering laminate having worn away at contact points.

Because it only cost me $700 when I bought it and I got 8 good years from it, I don’t mind now. It’s water under the bridge.

The new drysuit will ship next week no XXL in stock. No clue beginning or end but I am happy. They stood behind their product.

Should have new suit next Tues 11-28 very happy.

I’m not surprised, their service is second to none.

Many thanks to kokatat and the people that work there. Glad I bought a Kokatat drysuit along with many other products that have served me well.