Lacing Cord

After Sherpa’s mishap with his canoe I’m now ready, years to late, to put in laceing to hold my end bags in place. Scottb mentioned this a couple of times. My question is should I spring for the lacing or would something like lawnmower pull cord do the job as well? I have a lot of that sitting around. I’m going to drill through the hull right below the gunwales so I’m not going to be using eyelets. Many thanks for your advice/suggestions.

dougd

3MM
is all you need. what’s the thickness of the lawnmower cord?

steve

It’s About The Same
as the old stuff I pulled out of my now defunct Dagger. Perhaps a tad larger but not by much.

G2G
good to go then!

whatever works.

:slight_smile:

steve

Good idea …
Spring for some good quality 3 mm; over a couple of years of use, the cost will be very minimal.

By the way; Mohawk Canoe’s website has/had a good illustration of the installation of lacing for air bags.

BOB

Mohawk Canoe’s Lacing
"Mohawk Canoe’s website has/had a good illustration of the installation of lacing for air bags."

Do you have the URL? I found one picture with a few tie downs.

neo_sc
Go to mohawkcanoes.com

Go to helpful hints

Go to outfitting instructions

They show 2 options on lacing outfitting; one using eyelets you mount & the other by drilling holes under the gunwales. I prefer the latter.

The guy in the red canoe in the top right hand photo window, paddling a red Odyssey 14 is yours truly by the way.

BOB